Let's see the big rigs!

Discussion in 'Big Rigs' started by CK5, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Bullrack

Bullrack Well-Known Member

And another

Attached Files:

2. Bullrack

How's this?

Attached Files:

3. Old-Trucker

Old-Trucker Well-Known Member

Bullrack,

Nice looking bulltrailers, I like the saying on the back of the Silver Star too.

BTW, What's the fuel inlet banjo mod on your 03 F-350? I have an 03 F-350 6.0L W/6sp DRW and haven't heard of this mod before.

OT

4. Bullrack

OldTrucker, if you will remove the two brass banjo fittings on the front of each head, you will see the small straight-thru hole IH drilled for the fuel rail supply. Now, enlarge that hole considerably, but do cross-drill them. The engine vibration will twist them off every time. I've replaced mine several times and decided to just enlarge what was already there. Same results on the dyno. BTW, the drivers side requires removing the coolant hose for access, and oh yeah, the whole air cleaner assembly. It makes enough difference to feel if you have any other mods. It keeps mine from starving for fuel at the end of a sled pull.

Yeah, I get lots of comments on the saying on the bullwagon.

5. Bullrack

OldTrucker, if your truck was built before May you too can remove the silencer ring in the turbo. Makes for a great foundation for other mods, not to mention one hellatious turbo scream. Almost double the whistle of a straight-piped '03. People literally duck when I drive by. The ricers laugh at the sound until the boost comes up and I blow a black all over them. Had my family with me last Sat. night leaving Blockbuster and was sitting at the light beside this Salleen Mustang. We had the windows down and my wife heard them laughing about this. Naturally I smoked them to the next light. At this light, they pull up and ask to go again. He claimed he was not ready because of all the smoke we made while boosting. Light changed, and the rest was history. Did this at three more lights on the way home. These kids followed us home to talk about what I did to this 9000# truck. We laughed all night.

6. Old-Trucker

Bullrack,
    Thanks for the info, I don't have any mods on my truck other than unplugging the EGR.
    My engine was built on May 12, 2003 and as long as it's running ok I don't feel like wrenching on it any more than I have too. Besides, compared to my old 1990 F-350 w/7.3L IDI it has more than enough power stock.
    OT

7. rharveysr

rharveysr Well-Known Member

Media:
    Want to here some turbo whine..I need to take you for a ride in my truck.. I have twin turbo'd this Cummins using a modified HX35 and a BHT3B. There is no muffler anywhere on this truck... Sure sounds like the big boys...And yes those are 6" miter cut powder coated stacks...
    Rick

Attached Files:

8. rharveysr

Media:
    The latest on my buddy's new truck... He decided that he didnt want to be gone all the time so he found this 88 that the Cat had just been in framed. He bought the truck for $7000 and then picked up the bottom dumps for $10k...
    Nice little Pete...

Rick

Attached Files:

9. Tow M88

Tow M88 Member

reply to the twin turbo

so what kind of power do you have with all of that noise? I think is looks cool. What kind of exhaust do you have and what about drillin holes in the bed? could you provide the details of the picture? thanks.....waytogo

10. rharveysr

Media:
    Somewhere in the 500hp range,the noise level is quieter than the 4" mufflered exhaust that I had,and it takes 1- 4" hole for the pipe that comes thru the bed and then it Y's out to 5" elbows then up to the 6" miter cuts.
    Here is a sound clip of the stack. My son had the camera out the back window right between them... the sound at the end is my exhaust brake.

http://media.putfile.com/Stack-Sound-Clip

Rick

11. Old-Trucker

That video clip is awsome, nice job!!!
    Old-Trucker

12. rharveysr

Media:
    Old-trucker,

Thanks....I dont think I could have gotten it to sound any better. I love to hear both the turbo's whistle. Once the boost reaches 8lbs or so the BHT3B turbo start to sing so pretty...

Rick

13. Old-Trucker

More Pictures....

Hey Guys,
    I was looking through some of my stuff and found more pictures of trucks that I drove.

[​IMG]

My Ugly 22yd 1972 Dodge Dump Truck in Alabama, 1991.
    318 Detroit, 13sp over.
    Also towed a 3 axle tag w/Case 580 Backhoe while loaded w/ 50k rock.

[​IMG]

The business end, I built the hitch. Traded a 1974 Mercedes 240D for this truck in Birmingham, AL. and the engine blew up half way back. I tore the engine down behind a gas station on the side of the road and replaced 2 pistons/liners and had to have 4 valve seats pressed. Got the parts out of the dumpster at the shop where a buddy worked and paid $110 for the valve work and gaskets. Then I paid a guy $20 to help me lift the left head back in place past the steering box. Drove it the rest of the way home that night. Made a hand full of money hauling dirt and debris and then sold it 6 months later for $4,000, doubling my money.

[​IMG]

Man I hated these deals, dropping gasoline in freshly buried tanks, Columbia, SC 1998. Had to climb around in the ditches and lug those 4" hoses, plus I had to drop on the wrong side of the truck. If anything went wrong then there would have been a heck of a spill. This is just a bad deal all the way around and it still gives me the willies when I look at it. Only good thing about this station is that HOOTERS was right down the road and there was always 4-5 girls out there to wave at ya!

[​IMG]

This is a different view of the Hess Black Oil (No. 6) Tanker unloading at a collards processing plant near Florence, SC in 1997.

[​IMG]

The Penskie Freightliner that I drove for E.I. Kane hauling containers out of Charleston, SC. Stopped at my parents house in Lake City, Fl. for a quick meal and then back to Jax to the shop for repairs and replace the left mudflap. Picked up empty container in Jax and then up to Donaldsonville, Ga for a load the next morning back to Charleston. It was July 1995 and the A/C failed in the middle of the night and I didn't get any sleep at all, it was so hot that I sat in a Waffle House all night to stay cool.

Well that's enough for now,
    Old Trucker

14. Old-Trucker

I just remembered about the E.I. Kane truck, about a month after I quit that job that truck was flipped upside down in the marsh with a loaded 40' container near the Savannah Port in Port Wentworth, Ga. What a shame cause this was a pretty good truck at the time, didn't really care for the driver but glad that he wasn't hurt too bad.

Old Trucker

15. bigHD

bigHD Well-Known Member

Great pics :thumb

16. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

great pics

17. diesel_ram_man

diesel_ram_man Well-Known Member

not mine but a cool smokin truck

Attached Files:

18. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

let all the tree huggers see that one

19. rharveysr

Media:
    Had to pass a slow move ag truck on the way to work this morning....and in the rear view mirror my smoke trail looked a lot like that.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Rick

20. Bullrack

Yaeh Diesel Ram Man, that black truck belongs to one of Chrome Shop Mafia's best customers. I have not witnessed this, but "the Don" says this truck is running right on the edge of melted pistons 99% of the time. It is modified well beyond most trucks on the big road. Quite a few $$$ sunk into it. You must be a brother from www.EastCoastLargecars.com huh?