Why I think GM is better

Discussion in 'Brand Wars' started by DMAXRIG, Feb 13, 2006.

1. DMAXRIG

DMAXRIG Well-Known Member

Nope, made an even bigger mistake!!!:D Only thing you could have done worse was buy a Ford!!!:stir:

2. cumminz

cumminz New Member

Albums:
    Why you think GM is better

well your chevy must be better because it can pull to 12000 lbs.
    now thats a lot rotfl with 650 lbs of torque you think it could do better:stir:

but then it is a chevy:D

the best truck is the one that you are willing to pay $45000.00 or so for
    and then be happy about it:D

3. BLACK PEARL

BLACK PEARL New Member

I'll keep driving my Cummins powered 6 speed Dodge Semi ( SHHHH don't tell her she isn't!!!). Well as long as my back and nees hold up.waytogo

Then I might down grade to a smoooth riding GMC Duramax to pull a 5th wheel.

Or I will get a Cummins Powered Diesel pusher RV.

4. chapman

chapman Active Member

Wish they would put a Cummins in the Chevy though not really a Dodge fan but I love that Cummins always been a Chevy guy myself.

5. chapman

chapman Active Member

Oh yeah and a SFA. I had a IFS 4x4 pick-up and after dropping about 1500 in the front end it still wouldn't hold up to actually turning the 4wd on. Granted it was a mini truck but I wasn't abusing it, I drove it to work everyday. I used the 4wd drive about 5-6 days a week going hunting and fishing. The steering was a weak link as was the upper control arm mounts and the torsion bars. I actually broke the upper control arm link by hitting a small pot hole ( I mean like maybe 3 inches deep pot hole) then I ripped the splines out of the torsion bar mounts by hitting a dip at about 15MPH. IMO IFS sucks and should not really be on a full size 3/4 or 1 ton truck.

6. bigbaddiesel

bigbaddiesel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I think the Allison is by far the best auto you can get,

Lets see where this goes!!! :popcorn:[/quote]............ lets do a science experiment kids when you get home today take apart your Allison trany and look at what all the parts say inside of them ..... heres a hint they are not allison trany parts

7. DMAXRIG

............ lets do a science experiment kids when you get home today take apart your Allison trany and look at what all the parts say inside of them ..... heres a hint they are not allison trany parts[/quote]

Sorry but this is not true. The Allison 1000 is a true ALLISON transmission. If it were not a true ALLSION transmission, GM coulnt put that little badge on the door that said Allison. Allison makes the tranny, then ships it to GM. Same as the Cummins in the Dodges. Cummins makes the engine and ships it to dodge. Its like saying if you tear into your enigne that there wont be Cummins parts. Sorry man but this rumor first started when the Duramax first came. It wasnt true then, its not true now!!!

8. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:

9. DMAXRIG

To clear it up, Allison does build and produce the Allison 1000. Here are a couple of websites showing Allison manufactors the 1000.
    http://www.sovereign-publications.com/allison.htm
    http://www.penndda.com/allison/allison_news_20060401.html

The Allison is not gods gift to mankind, but it is a great transmission. Probably better than the torque shift, and definitly better than the 48RE. If the 48RE had another gear, better shift points, and grade braking, it would be right up there. So I guess thats why Dodge is finally making the right move of replacing their crap autos with the Aisin.

10. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Dodge doesn't make a "crap" auto, just one at the tail end of it's life that has now become the "grandpa" style of today's trans, and it's competition has finally surpassed it's technology with something marginally better, like an extra gear and grade braking.

The 47/48RE shift points are perfectly fine, you just think they suck because you are used to having an extra gear making all of them smaller jumps.

11. DMAXRIG

1st thru 3rd shift fine. Its the shift from 3rd to 4th I dont care for. Our 03 kinda feels like it falls on its face once it hits 4th. We've had this argument before, but thats truly how it feels once in OD. But to be honest man, the 48 and ecspecially 47 RE do not hold a candle to either the Torque Shift or Allison. Ecspecially in stock form.

12. powerboatr

powerboatr Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:

uh i agree with red
    ford and dodge have been the really only contenders for serious tow capacities.
    dodge shocked the worl with the ctd and an impressive 13k tow rating back in the day, now its pushing 16k,
    and ford flat ynaks em out with 18500 tow rating t for the 350 boss
    gm just cant compare, and still no alum wheels for chevy dually :confused:

i think 08 is going to be an intersting year for dodge and ford.

13. bigbaddiesel

Media:
    yees how come it only seems that the dmax fans are the ones arguing over the best truck maybe its because of years of abuse by PSD and cummins that once gmc(genaric made chevy) got somthing right they dont shut up about it ..... maybe its because the dodge and powerstroke fans have enough morals to shut up im sure the a psd or cummins that would kick dmax ass at a pull

14. DMAXRIG

LOL,kind of an oxy moron right there isnt it. Talking about morals, than talking trash. Ok. But maybe you guys are right. Maybe the Dmax is trash. with 365hp and 665tq in 07, GM just cant compare right POWERBOATR. ecspecially to the 6.0 325 hp and 575 tq. After all, the Dmax is probably the worst decision GM couldve made. Because the 6.0 was a super move by Ford.waytogo Just a question for ya guys. Have either of you owned anything other than the PSD? I have. Owned a 95 Cummins. Have a 98 and 03 Cummins at home. Had a 7.3 PSD on the farm. Used my buddys 04 6.0 to haul a tractor. I've worked all 3 trucks before and have what I believe is the best truck right now. GM hasnt been the best in the past. In fact, it was the worst. But that was then, this is now. But hey, whatever!!! You guys are experts. The Duramax probably does suck, and the Allison 1000 isnt really an Allsion. Here's a little video for you guys. The 6.0 PSD and the Cummins kickinig the crap out of the Duramax!!
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=115662

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  15. bigbaddiesel

Media:
    ok this guy is really erking me off find a truck pull anywhere i dont really care sign your truck up ill sign my truck up we both pull the sled its going to be put up or shut up time for your D-max:popcorn:

16. DMAXRIG

Ok man, let me know when you make it to AZ and call me. Im not trying to say here that GM is the best and the rest suck. I like all 3 and PREFER the Duramax. That dosent mean its the best. Just because you PREFER the PSD, doent mean its the best and GM is junk. No one can really say one doesnt compare to the other two when they are all bada$$ trucks. You can hate the GM, but that dosent mean its a terrible truck. I cant stand Tony Stewart, but he's a great Nascar Driver. Get what Im saying here? If you wanna come down here and pull some sleds around, come on. Im always up for fun. Youll definatly pull a sled further if you have all that done to your truck like you say. I just have a 60 hp chip. But Ill still play.

17. bigbaddiesel

Media:
    ok thats all i want to hear just tone it down a little bit manwaytogo

18. DMAXRIG

:stir: Im just gonna stir the pot a little since Im getting a little bored and not much action is happening!! I thinkg GM is still the best!!!!! They are the only ones who are keeping the same diesel engine, STILL HAVE THE MOST POWER, and have half as many turbos as the furd!!! Looks wise, the chevy is FUGLY, hideaous to look at. I really like the new GMC, the dodges I have always liked, and the Ford, well.............they look like an old hound dog with droppy eyes!!! Ugly!!

19. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Nice video!
    My 05 Dmax is my first diesel truck and I love it! Been on several long hauls towing my K5 with my truck camper in the back and is simply SPANKS all the hills I have incounterd. I can go as fast or as slow as I like.
    I am very happy with my truck and have no intensions of getting a differnt one. Long trips like from Cali to Moab is when the creature comforts make for a sweet ride and the IFS shines along with the unltra smooth Allision.
    AWESOME waytogo waytogo
    :popcorn:

20. Beeram305

Beeram305 Well-Known Member

You don't think that Dodge is actually showing it's whole hand with the 6.7 do you? I think the Cummins will up the power game when it gets rolling. :cool: