What do you do for a living?

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by MTMike, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Diesel Pastor

Diesel Pastor Active Member

Senior Pastor

I'm the Senior Pastor of Jenison Bible Church in Hudsonville, MI. I bought my truck when I lived out in the country and pulled a trailer with horses and mules. Now that I've moved to MI from MO (and into the suberbs in the process) I don't need all that power anymore, but I still like it!! :D

BTW, my name has "1/2 ton hauler" under it, but that's not accurate. I drive a 3/4 ton. This is probably pretty obvious, but I can't find where to change it. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

2. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    https://towrig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1431

3. GanksterVonDugal

GanksterVonDugal New Member

w/my wife & youngest son in our 5th whl trlr where
    I am a small business owner. I hand craft "bat wings" & "dragon wings".:eek: They are high quality costume accessories that I currently sell at various craft festivals around the country. I just bought the concept and equipment from a friend 2 years ago, and am working towards being able to produce enough to get them on the web:stir: , hopefully in the not too distant future.waytogo

4. Diesel Pastor

Diesel Pastor Active Member

1/2 ton to 3/4 ton hauler!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. This post should make my name a little more accurate! waytogo

5. MikeS

MikeS Member

I work as a chief engineer onboard an ocean going tug boat. Travelling between New Jersey and Puerto Rico and sometimes Florida. Running 2- 3,600 horse, 20 cylinder, turbo charged EMD's for main engines and 2 Catapiller 3304 (turbo) for generators, a Blown Detroit 8v71 for the tow winch. We burn about anywhere from 7,000 to 8,000 thousand gallons of diesel a day, and normally carry 168,000 gallons fuel on board. The power is unbelievable. We tow a 730 foot triple deck barge, 100 foot beam, which in turn carries maybe 5-6 hundred autos and other various equipment, and about 600 full size trailers. These mains run constantly, about 650 hours a month, the Cats run 250 hours and are then serviced.

6. Blue Ridge Runner

Blue Ridge Runner Well-Known Member

I am the Wholesale Parts Manager for a large Ford Dealership located in central NC. :D

7. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

Network IT guy. Currently handling IPAM/DNS, whenI'm not bouncing off the cube walls. :popcorn:

8. musicmasterstravis

musicmasterstravis Well-Known Member

I work in a OEM prototype exhaust shop for Walker exhaust, a part of Tenneco Automotive

9. whiterocket5.9

whiterocket5.9 Well-Known Member

work for the family construction buisness. we have done everything from truck stop parkin lots to small residential homes. it has its good times and bad times like all jobs. the pay is pretty decent and im not couped up in a cubicle somewhere.

10. LilFordGirl

LilFordGirl Active Member

im an office manager for a landscape and lighting company