So I saw the new Toyota Tundra today.....

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by carguy9135, Feb 26, 2007.

1. carguy9135

carguy9135 Well-Known Member

Media:
    So I saw the New Toyota Tundra today on the way to school with some friends. We pulled along side of the guy and i pulled my pants off and mooned him out the window with my bare white a$$! HELL YA!!!waytogo waytogo waytogo

2. joez

joez Well-Known Member

Media:
  3. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I actually think it's a decent looking truck. The part I find stupid is that they still want to call it a 1/2ton. The dang thing is a 3/4ton with different badges with the amount of weight it's supposedly capable of.

4. zking

zking Active Member

The Toyota Tundra

I don't even really like to call them trucks. Because they just really aren't really worth anything like they are just to small and well I just don't like them because they are a Toyota. I think the real trucks are Dodge,Chevy, and Ford. Well maybe not even Ford, NO offense to anybody out there it's just I don't much care for Fords.

5. whiterocket5.9

whiterocket5.9 Well-Known Member

6. LilFordGirl

LilFordGirl Active Member

I think they look like space vans.

7. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Toyota is indeed building a real fullsize half ton pickup. They offer just as much cargo space, towing capacity, and are finally catching up with their power output.

Nissan obviously also has a real fullsize now.

With that, I'm with you. Toyota and Nissan want to make a huge statement that there is a big five now... I just raise my nose and say "how cute, now back to what Dodge and GM are up to..."

8. carguy9135

carguy9135 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Ya I agree! waytogo

9. PC HOTROD

PC HOTROD Member

I have yet to see a Titan or Tundra hooked-up to a 5th. wheel camper at or near the truck's claimed max. towing capacity as you do with GM, Ford and Dodge Trucks. I would bet they wouldn’t last very long with that kind of regular weekend duty.

As a matter of fact, a buddy on mine was pulling an empty 24' enclosed car trailer (about 3500lb.) with his 2004 Titan and forgot to switch to tow mode and received the "Your Transmission is Over-Heating" Light. Hell, my wife's 2005 Ram with the 4.7 Lt. has done the same duty without being in tow-mode without a problem.

10. Justice

Justice Well-Known Member

Media:
    I have seen 2 toyotas with 5th wheels in tow now, nothing huge or anything but still had em hooked up. Seemed like they were doin alright, my ram did blow right by though. At the chicago auto show they had one with a 12k bumper pulll and a skidder on the trailer (Cat skdder by the way) but the had the jack on the trailer down holdin some of the weight off the truck so I couldnt really tell how well the truck was doin with the load.

11. PC HOTROD

PC HOTROD Member

Below are the specs. for the new Tundra V8. The HP & Tq. numbers are typical of a small block style DOHC V8 with no torque down low and all the horsepower up top. Now let's strap a fat, heavy wind resistant trailer to it and she what she'll do.

Example: It is torque that gets you rolling and horsepower that keep you moving. With the hp & Tq. specs below it appears that the Toyota will be revving to 3600 rpm to find the most torque, not to mention when you want that 381 hp you'll be practically running at redline. I hope the hp & Tq. curves are flat and long.

Heck, even the F150 has similar rpm ranges for its Hp & Tq. so who knows.

:stir: :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir:

TUNDRA - IT’S ALL SMOKE AND MIRRORS rotfl rotfl rotfl

5.7-liter DOHC EFI V8, 32-valve aluminum block with aluminum alloy head with Dual VVT-i
    381 hp @ 5600 rpm
    401 lb.-ft. @ 3600 rpm
    Bore and stroke: 3.70 x 4.02

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  12. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Titans dont do so well towing a 5th thats from my friend whos a tech a Nissan thats all I'm gonna say of course the customer who does it has to come back and have the rear end reserviced and the darn thing realigned.

13. PC HOTROD

PC HOTROD Member

Point made!!!!!rotfl