2006 Nissan Titan

Discussion in 'Other Tow Rigs' started by CK5, Apr 24, 2005.

1. 1999GMC

1999GMC Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new truck. The cummins is an awesome motor. I am hoping to buy a new truck when my wife goes back to work. I'm not sure what I am going to buy yet though. I know a diesel from one of the big three.

2. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

My wife has an 03 Tundra with a 4.7 Limited Pkg it has been a great truck never starting to fail and never having any issues other than a recall on the ball joint.The four wheel drive works wonderfuly in the mud,snow or rocks it is a great truck I like it and its nice to drive but lacks a truck feel when gong down the road.

I got a 05 SD with a 5.4 Triton crew cab and long bed FX4 pkg and Tow/Haul yeah I thought I was going to get a Power Stroke or a V10 but like my wife I found a great deal and happened to be very angry at the Ford dealership in town so went to a import lot and got a good deal on it.

I'm a big fan of domestic and imports both domestic trucks cant be beat they have been in the game longer and I feel Toy/Hon/Niss could take come buisness away but wouldnt own all the game the big three will win that battle.Go to your local CO-OP or TSS and look in the parking lot more of the trucks will be domestic on farms or for companys and the imports will belong to the pretty boy type who just wanted a big truck to haul his four wheel or lawn mower.No offense to import owners.:pimp:

3. 66chevy

66chevy Member

sir, were you on drugs when you wrote this? toyota has been taken off the consumer report rating's list of recommended vehicles due to the poor quality of their vehicles. the big three have never, ever been once removed from this list.

4. 1999GMC

1999GMC Well-Known Member

The Nissan rear-end is weak. And they are going out quite often. I had a Nissan parts manager come into my shop and I asked him a few months ago and he told me not to buy one. I wasn't asking for me it was for a friend. He said they have a lot of problems. And I think it was in Four Wheeler mag. they said Nissan is thinking a diesel for it since it's sales are dropping and it isn't meeting the expectations Nissan thought it would. Look at the rea-end in a Titan. I think the Ford ranger has a bigger rear-end. And from what I have heard and seen the new Tundra is garbage also. But, they do have a 10.5" rear-end.

5. joez

joez Well-Known Member

Media:
    You want to go ahead and actually read the article before you spout your BS?

They werent removed from anything, CR is stating that they wont recommend them before knowing anything about the cars, which IMHO is a damn good idea, everybody makes mistakes and many of times there are first year issues. You dont see ANY domestics ranking high enough in reliability, reguardless of the leaps forward they have taken, to be recommended before they are even on the streets. Heres a little more from the same article for you.

6. 66chevy

66chevy Member

go to hell, nissan an and toyota are over rated crap. thier ugly and are weak. and i got my info from pickuptrucks dot com. none of those others have the time tested , farm used , heavy haulin , beat the hell up proof of the big tree. you cannot just make a new truck and say its the best ever.

7. 66chevy

66chevy Member

and yes, the toyota truck has been taken of the crr due to tranny problems, tailgates falling off, and the engine blocks cracking

8. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 Active Member

To begin, this post is several years old, and when it was originally posted the Titan was a relatively new and unproven platform. I was giving my initial impressions of it based on a test drive. I will agree, that the reliability of the Titan has proven to be less than stellar in the years since it was released.

The previous generation Tundra is/ was an outstanding reliable truck. I've driven/ beat on several as work trucks without any mechanical issues at all.

I've also owned/ driven/ beat on many older model Toyotas and Nissan compact trucks and SUVs and they tend to be more reliable than their Domestic counterparts.

Am I biased? Look at my screenname, I've owned several Chevies, the majority being 88-98 IFS rigs, and they have been plenty reliable for me. I also bought an 07 Silverado Classic.

I have had less luck with Furds, though I don't have as much experience with them.

I guess I should forget my real world experience, grab some more drugs, and read pickuptruck.com.

Noob...rotfl

9. 66chevy

66chevy Member

sounds like a plan

10. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

lol dont let my wife hear that one the thinks Yota trucks are the best, even when the pos was slipping on ice my 250 would have sailed thru...rotfl

11. jake

jake Well-Known Member

What kind of fuel mileage does a Titan get?