why should I NOT buy a Mega Cab??

Discussion in 'Brand Wars' started by littlemrsmopar, Mar 22, 2007.

1. littlemrsmopar

littlemrsmopar Active Member

While brand loyal "rah-rahing" is a good thing, I am looking for constructive reasons why you think the Dodge Mega Cab is a not good rig. What parts of it do you thinkmake it a rig to be avoided? Thanks

2. whiterocket5.9

whiterocket5.9 Well-Known Member

not that it should be avoided but it doesnt come in long bed as far as i know...i have a short bed now and shoulda got a long bed...id probly be interested in one if they came out witha long bed

3. DMAXRIG

DMAXRIG Well-Known Member

Cant get a long bed. Are you using it for construction? Im not very smart and was confused.

4. whiterocket5.9

ya i get reminded i have a short bed often, kickin myself in the ass for not getting a lb when i bought this one...i dont have a mega cab im just sayin id be more interested if they had a long bed version to trade up to

5. Full Pull

Full Pull Well-Known Member

Media:
    the mega cab is on a long bed frame but thats all .it only comes in a short bed it would be like driving a Limo around:pimp:

6. carguy9135

carguy9135 Well-Known Member

Media:
    you can always buy the mega cab and get the long bed conversion from that website. Dont really remember what it is, i think its like megacablongbed.com or something like that. If you look at the photos though, its basically the length of a friggin semi.

7. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    If you don't require the longbed, do it! They are awesome!

8. JNelson

JNelson Well-Known Member

Media:
    Seen one at the dealer (4x4 larimie) completely loaded out w/ front and rear replacement bumpers, headache rack......it was needless to say sharp as a tack!!waytogo

9. whiterocket5.9

didnt happen see what the sticker price was did ya?

10. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Two things wrong with it.....

1. Short bed only, no long bed

2. Overall Cost! They are priced pretty darned expensive.

11. musicmasterstravis

musicmasterstravis Well-Known Member

i think they look stupid, too much cab not enough bed

12. strictlyv8

strictlyv8 Well-Known Member

I had a short bed once and hated it. TRaded the truck in after having it for 11 months only. Pulling my goosenech horse trailer I cracked my rear wingsheild twice. No I have a long bed and love it. That is reason enough to not buy a mega cab. The rest of the truck is great in my opinion.

13. haulin-rv

haulin-rv Well-Known Member

Get the manvan!! Supposed to p/u mine up Saturday (Mega Dually).

14. 06CTDinNM

06CTDinNM Member

Man Van eh? Well mines a WO-man van and frankly I love my Mega Cab. I have ALWAYS owned Ford trucks, so much for brand loyalty. I tow heavy loads, Shire hores in a bumper pull 4-up-that 12K horses + trailer weight. I pull a full8'wx32' long GN horse trailer with a LQ and 3-Shires-up that's 9K over the axles and a lot of trailer weight to boot. I got offsets for my GN's that move the trailer back, my GN hitch is at the correct spot just fwd of the axle for optimum towing. As far as it being a short bed, well with the tailgate down it hauls 8' lumber and anything else that's longer I either use my hitch extender that fits the 2" box tube or throw onto a trailer to haul.

To keep in line with your question, I have NOTHING to say about any kind of negative regarding the Mega Cab. I've had mine for 18 months, it has performed perfectly, no problems, just a GREAT working truck. It is absolutely GREAT to have all the cab room, grandkids can't kick the back of my seat, fold down interior cargo space is also great, can hol 1500 lbs payload inside the back seat area. Win-Win as far as stuff inside and stuff in the bed, actually haave 10' of bed space. If you like it, GO FOR IT. I am glad I got mine and I would buy another one in an instant.

15. LOUDandPROUD

LOUDandPROUD Well-Known Member

I personally do not like the looks of the truck. And I am partial to long beds. Really though I dont think there is anything wrong with them. It still the same truck just a different shell. I see them everywhere, all set up and stock. Still cannot get used to it.

16. Bourdon1350

Bourdon1350 Well-Known Member

and look at em!! very ugly truck. mainly that panel behind the rear door. and no long bed, and pricy as hell, like rjf said.

17. reddragon4x4

reddragon4x4 Well-Known Member

My supervisor at work has one and it is nice to ride in after a long day of riding 4 wheelers. He also wishes it was a long bed, but he doesn't really have a NEED for it, he just wants it. But it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it, I believe is how the saying goes. The ford comes in a long bed CC doesn't it? Plenty of room there:rolleyes: Good luck man.waytogo

I think the mega cabs look sweet in red or even white (there is a white lifted one around town and it looks pretty clean)

18. Desert Rig

Desert Rig New Member

need an extension if your pulling a gooseneck or fifth wheel or you could crush the cab when maneuvering but, I like the extra room!

19. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    i have only 12k miles pulling my GN with my short box and have NEVER had a problem with the neck hitting the cab. granted some trailers are built different, but i think this is more driver error than build design.

the only think i dislike about it being a short bed is its not a dually, and i cant see the GN ball without adjusting my seat...

20. haulin-rv

haulin-rv Well-Known Member

No reason not to. If you end up having to have a long bed, there is always a longbed conversion. I have no regrets buying mine and I haul commercially and have no issues with having a shortbed.