K&N high flow vs. stock air filter

Discussion in 'Dodge 3rd Gen Cummins 6.7 (24v)' started by 2007CUMMINZ, Mar 1, 2008.

1. 2007CUMMINZ

2007CUMMINZ Well-Known Member

I just installed a new K&N high flow air filter in my custom factory air box with cold air intake. My stock filter has 11k miles on it and was reasonably clean. I have a bit more turbo noise and the overhead believe it or not has gone from about 13.5 to 17.6 on a trip to Charlotte and back. Judge for yourself. With this combination of mods and the MBRP 5" exhaust tip (DPF back) is a real combination the works for this 6.7L.
    The combination of K&N, custom cold air box and baffle removal is great.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Air inlet baffle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  2. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Nice upgrade.

3. MPC 1

MPC 1 Member

Did you notice much differance between the muffler delete & the 5" ?
    I took off the s&b , did'nt seem to do anything,( not really cold air ) am going to do your intake mods. am getting 9-11 mpg towing / 15 mpg empty.

4. 2007CUMMINZ

2007CUMMINZ Well-Known Member

I removed the muffler only days after I got the truck. The noise inside is none different. Out side is almost no difference. When I added the 5" the noise inside is slight difference. The noise outside is a little deeper. You are not going to get noise out of these trucks with changing DPF back. Where you will notice a difference is power at higher RPMs while towing.

5. nainoapak01

nainoapak01 Well-Known Member

Media:
    K&N air high flow

Will a high flow fit on my 6.7 that is stock with no mods, Or what will I have to do to change from stock air filter to K&N high flow? Thanks Hank

6. MPC 1

MPC 1 Member

The K & N air filter is a direct replacement for the OEM air filter.

7. CTD

CTD New Member

K&n

Cummins doesn't indorse the use of k&n filters, or any filter using oil as a filtering agent. There are alot of forums that confirm this. My local dealer and Cummins shop confirmed this as well. There have been alot of issues with the Turbo getting damaged due the poor filtration of it. Many after market company's now are using dry system air filters instead, like safe, I switched and my mialage went up after I went to the afe on my 07 5.9.