Anybody seen Trick my Truck?

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by bigHD, Feb 15, 2006.

1. bigHD

bigHD Well-Known Member

Awesome new show on CMT. www.cmt.com
    They take a deserving trucker's rig, and fully customize it. So far they have 4 episodes, and 3 have aired.
    They are:
    Kenworth-Wild West Theme
    Peterbilt car hauler- Marines Theme
    Freightliner- Arctic theme
    The 4th will air this Friday night. Its a good way to spend 30 minutes!waytogo

2. sasquatch

sasquatch New Member

Media:
    Yea, I have seen the show, it is really cool that they can do that. I bet they have a hard time figureing out who is the most worthy to get it done.waytogo

3. bigHD

bigHD Well-Known Member

Yeah, I bet that's the hardest part of the show. I just kinda got wondering how they pay for all of that too. Western Star is a big sponsor, but I think they only provide the loaner truck.

4. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I think they over do the trucks. I wouldn't want a truck that flashy in our fleet. Besides, all that stuff takes way too much maintenance. I'd have to spend more timing washing then driving.

10 miles in some decent rain.....so much for all that shiny stainless and chrome.

5. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of less bling on trucks and four wheel drives.

6. dubbyx

dubbyx Well-Known Member

I think it's an alright show. I like that it's only a 30 minute one. They show everything condensed instead of dragging a bunch of shop drama into the build.

They were doing okay in my book til they added the saloon doors and hardwood floors in that last truck. Talk about a PITA to clean. The only other thing I dislike is how they use the same fenders on every truck. I know they're cool and all, but a little creativity is good too.

Oh, the "retro" truck was a lot better. Smaller sleeper, a little more old school equipment, and the double shifters. Not so gaudy a paint job, but looked to be a good, usable truck.

7. Strokincowboy

Strokincowboy Well-Known Member

I think it would make the show and trucks better they did stuff to the engines. just my 2 cents

8. Shaggy

Shaggy TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I saw all the episodes in a littel marathon the other day. Pretty cool premise, but really cheesy execution. The writers need a little more creativity, since every episode is pretty much the same. The opening sequences are pretty dumb too.

I have a feeling that it's closer to Pimp My Ride than Overhaulin, since it's all about cosmetic stuff. Trucks that ratty probably need alot of mechanical help too, so now the drivers have these pretty trucks that probably still run like ass...

9. gravdigr

gravdigr Well-Known Member

Tyrone, PA ...The asscrack of the northeast
    My thoughts exactly. I learned a bit about the big rigs as my knowledge is limited. Sadly the show is so scripted its sad. I feel like I'm watching a 4th grade play. Also I do wish they would do more mechanical stuff. The cosmetic is interesting but it seems they do basically the same thing to every truck just in a different way (ie new chrome and stainless, afore mentioned identical fenders on every rig, bling on the inside). I think the show could be made longer and include more mechanical work and less bling.

Unfortunatly it seems the only show that does big rig and diesel tech is Trucks!....I was hoping this show would take over and was disappointed.

10. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    the show SUCKS! like stated already the scripting is childish and the work needed isnt done OR isnt shown being done. the Marines car hauler PISSED ME OFF! the thing about hsi truck that needed attention was the part about it breaking down. they didnt show anything if they did anything to the drivetrain and powertrain... its BS i say!

11. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I saw the episode today where they redid a freightliner for a mexican guy. I'm sorry, but that thing was just plain cheezzzzzy. It had gangster style writing all over it and it had one of those cheesy welded chain steering wheels, a chain that is welded to hold a circle, you know...:doah:

12. gravdigr

gravdigr Well-Known Member

Tyrone, PA ...The asscrack of the northeast
    Deed eet have hydrauleeks?

13. MTMike

MTMike Well-Known Member

If they spent less on spinners & subs and more on drivetrain repair I think the truckers would be happier..

Awesome show anyways.... The wife & I, and her mom are takling about contacting them to do my father-in-law's Peterbilt

14. rocknbronco

I myself was wondering why they did not do more mechanical work unless its to keep from violating some law(s) and I really cant think of what those would be if there are.Its just a rewrote pimp my ride now that I have seen more and more episodes and the new hosts on trucks arent off to that good a start either,I think I'm just gonna go back to watching the outdoor network and oln at least during the week.

15. RustyJC

RustyJC Well-Known Member

Yeah, they bring some tired, beat-up Class 8 tractor into the shop, add the cosmetics and send it out. From what I've seen, though, the pistons might still be swapping holes and half the gears could be MIA! :doah:

Rusty

16. rocknbronco

But is sure looks nice:doah:

17. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    ehh... im THAT guy....waytogo

i got fed up with it... it bothers me in my sleep i guess. i sent a rather offensive, yet true e-mail to them....

oh well....:stir: :popcorn:

18. biggator64

biggator64 Member

lets try this

ok what IF they replace the motor and trans and stuff, but just dont show it:rolleyes: because on one show the boss told the trucker that they were going to go over the truck bumper to bumper, and maybe its to show what you could do with a big rig if you had the money to do it , and as far as i concerned everyone liked the truck on smokey and the bandit, and thats all i got to say about that