Cummins vs Powerstroke vs Duramax

Discussion in 'Brand Wars' started by DMAXRIG, Apr 5, 2006.

1. DMAXRIG

DMAXRIG Well-Known Member

Ive been sick the last few days so Ive been surfing the web reading Cummins vs PSD vs Dmax forums. Im so sick of peoples biased opinions that dont make any sense. The duracrap has alluminum heads, or the powerjoke wont make it to 100,000, or the cummins is overrated and is therefore junk. I have my prefrences towards Gm's trucks, but all 3 of these diesel engines are great. They have more power than we truly need. There all great and I hate when someone says one is junk.

2. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Definantly. The different versions of Cummins over the years, two Powerjokes, and three Duramaxipads are all great engine.:D :stir: :stir:

3. DMAXRIG

DMAXRIG Well-Known Member

Only difference is the DURAMAX is better than the little 6 banger cummins!!!:D Just kidding. Id be happy with any of the diesel engines avaible.

4. J. Delaney

J. Delaney Well-Known Member

Don't just look at the engine. Look at the whole package and then make your decision. Each brand has it's pluses and minuses.

With the Ford, I definately like the new front end under the 05 and up. The integrated trailer brake is a bonus too. Haven't heard a whole bunch of bad stuff about the 5R110 either. I'm still not completely sold on the 6.0L though. Let's hope the 6.4L proves to be more reliable.

Dodge has a proven power plant that seems to respond VERY well to mods. I think Dodge also gets the best fuel economy of the bunch.

Chevy has by far the most comfy truck. The torsion bar front end and creature comforts are definately a step above the rest. Isuzu is known for it's quality diesel engines and Allison is well known for it's trannys.

5. budkole

budkole Well-Known Member

Media:
    DMAXRIG, I feel ya. Its pretty pathetic how biased and unrealistic some peoples views are. Hell, I like them all and wouldnt mind owning one of each. Another thing that really gets under my skin is that most of those people think that speed determines how good the engine is and the first thing that they always say is, "lets race to see who has the better motor", or, "lets see who can make it to the top of the hill the fastest", wtf, what does that prove? Im not knocking anybody that likes mods and speed, but why use that as a basis for your claims of a better motor. Besides racing , unless your on a track, can be deadly in these big toys. Oh yeah, i had to hear about that aluminum head thing from people too on my dmax, funny thing, out of time I had it I NEVER had a head failure! And its new owner now has 222k on it, yep thats right, 222k and still has never had a head failure. He told me he needed 1 injector since he bought it from me and it stopped the smoking!(now im really regretting selling it:doah: ). As far as the 7.3 PSD goes aka "powerjoke" out of 360k combined miles, I have NEVER been starved for power! nor have either one of my psd's ever took a dump! I personally have never even seen or heard of a dodge owners aka "cummapart", truck fall apart either!

sorry for thr rant.

the acient 7.3 Powerstroke, Duramax and the Cumminfixmyliftpump are great motors:D :stir: Now the 6.0 psd is a whole different story, alot better than before, but.......:eek:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  6. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    I couldn't agree more. That why I like this site, we have the best ballance and most open minded group you're likely to find. And if things start getting "out of line", there is generally someone to kick it back straight fairly quickly.

Edit: But we could use a few more guys to help keep the "Comeapart" guys in line... ;)

7. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    Ha, thats great.....A powerjoke, duramaxipad, and cumminfixmyliftpump.....rotfl

8. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    I prefer Duradud, Cumapart, and PowerChoke thank you... :mad:

rotfl

9. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    nah....duramaxipad is just so good.....:D

10. CoastalDav

CoastalDav Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:

Yeap; The Duramax and Cummins are great engines. The 6.0 Ford has some desires but for most people it's a great engine. (the lucky ones)

I agree, this site has some outstanding people attending.

Dave
    Melbourne, Florida

11. bigHD

bigHD Well-Known Member

Good point! waytogo