semi / tractor-trailor hp/tq ratings?

Discussion in 'Other Tow Rigs' started by hayaboosta, Mar 31, 2006.

1. hayaboosta

hayaboosta Active Member

Media:
    hey guys .. its been bugging me for a while now, and i cannot find any tq #'s on Peterbilt's web-site .. but they have the different models and the different motor options .. they have the

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Lucida,sans-serif]Caterpillar[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Lucida,sans-serif]C11[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Lucida,sans-serif]305-370 HP[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Lucida,sans-serif]C13[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Lucida,sans-serif]335-430 HP[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Lucida,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Lucida,sans-serif] [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Lucida,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Lucida,sans-serif]C15[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Lucida,sans-serif]435-550 HP[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Lucida,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Lucida,sans-serif] [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Lucida,sans-serif]Cummins[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Lucida,sans-serif]ISX[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Lucida,sans-serif]400-565 HP[/FONT]

how much torque do you think these motors are putting out?

2. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Anywhere from 1,150 to about 1,850.

3. Super Trucker

Super Trucker Well-Known Member

You can go to the engine manufactuer and get the specs on those motors. My old school 3406B is 425hp/ 1450 torque.

4. nevrenufhp

nevrenufhp Well-Known Member

425hp...that's it?:stir:

5. k2mslskier

k2mslskier Member

4 and a quarter B model? I had one in a 94 Pete I used to drive, would do triple digits. Don't underestimate those early CATs. But since your just stirrin the pot I figured I would bite and give my $.02.

6. Super Trucker

Super Trucker Well-Known Member

You got that right, mine is a 2100 rpm motor with the heavy duty valve springs etc.