Any new info on the upcoming 6.4 TT?

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.0' started by CK5, Jun 10, 2005.

1. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    Any new info on the upcoming 6.4 TT?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    It's all really hush hush, they haven't even confirmed the displacment on the thing.

3. oatsk5

oatsk5 Member

il see what i can find my buddy just got back form stroker school waytogo

4. StrokerKID

StrokerKID Member

I have all the info on it , Matter a fact i have a 7 page SPEC sheet on the engine what you want to know???

5. J. Delaney

J. Delaney Well-Known Member

All of the info in your 7 page spec sheet!waytogo

6. StrokerKID

StrokerKID Member

well i can tell you it will have MORE horsepower and about 650+ torque on tap also they added 2 more studs to the torque converter to handle the power cause it was snapping them off, It will light all 4 up on dry pavement, It is sequential turbo , 6.4L , dual EGR, One turbo with VGT actuation, The air in some states will be dirtier going in than coming out of the truck, the exhaust doesnt soot up. Anything else you wanna know specifically

7. DMAXRIG

DMAXRIG Well-Known Member

8. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm sorry, but I have to say no way. There is no way a lowely 350/650 could do this. It take nearly double to even have a chance of really doing something besides maybe a chirp.

9. DMAXRIG

DMAXRIG Well-Known Member

I think it could make possibly more than a chirp, but no way it'll light all 4 on dry pavement. Maybe on ice!!!! I truly thought that it would come out with more power than the LBZ, I'm predicting the new problematic bigger brother to the 6.0

10. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

I think Ford should have never left the 7.3 go the 6.0 is a piece and the 6.4 I fill will be bigger.
    Funny thing on the 6.0 I have a customer getting 10 mpg in his and I pull about 16 mpg with my 5.4 it make me even happeir I got the Triton:stir:

11. 4054x4

4054x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    agreed... i can turn my chip up to level 3 and powerbrake it and release the brake and it doesn't even chirp... i would be shocked if it burned out

12. ekarner1

ekarner1 New Member

first diesel

If you're getting less than 18 mpg on your 6.0 when not loaded, you either need to keep your big toe out of it and or change your fuel filters!

In my 2004 F-250 4X4 Crew Cab Lariet I'm getting 18.5 mpg with a mix of city and highway and when I'm just on the highway I'm pushing 23 mpg!! I've got 55,000 miles and never had a problem! Keep the oil clean and change all the filters as required!!

13. rocknbronco

Yes but there are folks who wont take the time to do so or have the know how,thats why I have a fairly easy job,and some just dont care about vehicle maintaince and how it can save them money.

14. LOUDandPROUD

LOUDandPROUD Well-Known Member

6.4 in 2008

Dodge guy chiming in here, I spoke with a Ford dealer this morning, he told me that they havent got all the bugs worked out of the 6.4 so it wont be out until 08 MY maybe late 08....

15. rocknbronco

Thats not good

16. rocknbronco

Hey anyone heard more about the release date being moved until 08?I'm thinking that stroking the 6.0 and using the two turbos,if thats still current would be great,but still kinda out on the relability factor and I'm kinda thinking of trading mine in for one once they get out I will give them a year to see how well they do.The direct injection will also be nice but the diesel engine should be of simplicity that used to be the whole advantage or at least thats what I was lead to belive.

17. Subdriver

Subdriver Well-Known Member

10 mpg in a 6.0? I'm getting 17.5 mpg city in mine right now. Any idea why his is so bad?

18. rocknbronco

The guy claimed he took it by Ford mulitple times and had it looked at by ford but ford couldnt figure it out.I'm going to belive it was his driving style of course also he just wanted a big truck I belive and blinged it out with pro comp tires and after market wheels DVD player stereo system then put our cheapest oil in there claiming there isnt a diff between conventional and syn oils and his buddy who builds races engines told him so I wanted asked him who his buddy was so I would be sure not to buy his enginesrotfl

19. Subdriver

Subdriver Well-Known Member

Adding aftermarket wheels and tires can impact real and displayed fuel mileage.

Actual mileage may drop due to increased inertia of heavier wheels and tires and rolling resistance may go up with wider tires.

But the displayed mileage will go down in direct proportion to any increase in the overall tire diameter. If the tire is bigger around it rolls farther with each revolution, thus displayed speed and odometer readings will be low (as the computer thinks the smaller tires are still on the car) with larger tires unless a PCM reprogram is done. So much of his problem may not be an actual drop in fuel mileage, but just a calculational problem with the computer.

20. rocknbronco

From what this guy was saying he had the puter calibrated for the tires,if I remmeber right