Time for a "post your carnage' thead...

Discussion in 'General Tow Rig Discussion' started by RJF's Red Cummins, Jun 22, 2006.

1. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    It's time to see the damage that has incured to your rig since you've owned it. Rather it be vandalism, torn up, broken off, ripped apart, scratched up, exploded, etc etc....let see or hear about it.

I've had a broken mirror and driver side roll up window. The dealership hit my mirror on the lift working on an unrelated problem. At least they fixed it.
    [​IMG]

next would be my window, this happened two days ago. I parked my truck under a tree by the road I live on. I thought a truck kicked up a rock but the glass guy thought it was a beebee shot that shattered the window.:rolleyes: Glad I have tinted windows, otherwise I would probably had glass all over my interior...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PermanentMarker

PermanentMarker TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    My kid spilled a whole 1.5 ounce bag of those little gummy fruit snacks in the back seat the other day. It was brutal, man. Took me like 20 whole seconds to clean it up.

3. black jimmy

black jimmy Well-Known Member

I backed into my shed one time when I had a tractor sprayer on the back of my truck :doah: . Wife and son were in the truck with me when I did it. Slightly tweaked by rusty a**ed bumper, but it is ugly anyways.

4. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    rotfl smarty pants...

5. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    I don't have any, yet... Oh wait, I think there is a rock chip somewhere on the front of the hood, and a couple on the rockers... ;)

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Well no pics but MY WIFE!!:doah:

Yes, my wife was driving my diesel and SOMEHOW she managed to park the front end over a cement landscaping wall (1 to 2 foot tall) so when she backed out of her spot she ripped off the driver's side fog/driving light & plastic skirt :eek:
    It gets even better...I found out cuz I see the light hanging from the front of the truck after she parked it in the driveway..just swinging by the wires..I walk up to the truck and the plastic skirt is ripped away from the bumper and the light is swayin in the wind WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:
    "What, were? Oh I didn't see that" WTF!!!!!!!!!!! How could you not see that! *&(^%^$*&^&@!$#@!!@()@~*^&@:mad: :mad:
    Killin me:doah:

7. BadDog

Media:
    My wife can't park her GP-GTP without getting all cady-wompus. No way is she driving my HD! Maybe that's why it's still in good shape after 4 years, NOBODY drives it but me, and in VERY limited scenarios, my son (he can pull it out to wash it... ;) I'll pull it in... )

8. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    Lets see if I can find the pics!

Well, af select few us us have seen what an 48re with all Suncoast's parts in it looks like when you take out the Torque Management system on your new 06. Lets just say that I couldn't get the input shaft out, so its on a palet headed to Suncoast in FL. Was a show when it went though. Oh, well, what can you do.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    You are now the offical king of carnage....:doah: That was definantly a wild show. You could hear those twins just screaming at the line.

10. joez

joez Well-Known Member

Media:
    [​IMG]

This is what happens when you wheel your towrig.:doah:

11. BurnedBronco

BurnedBronco Well-Known Member

12. Diesel Nut

Media:
    Come on, you can't just post a pic like that with no story!! WTF?!

BTW- looks like I might be handing the crown for Carnage King over. Thats pretty narly!!!

13. BurnedBronco

BurnedBronco Well-Known Member

not mine, but we recovered it off of route 45.
    doesnt exaclty fit on the rollback very well, but it made it the 8 miles to the shop.
    it was on its lid completely sitll attached to the pickup that was on its lid
    [​IMG]

14. jo65cj7

jo65cj7 Member

where was that picture of the Blazer taken????

15. FordCummins1

FordCummins1 Well-Known Member

Media:
    [​IMG]

Nothing too hardcore, but I blew the yoke out of my 94 F350 (10.25 rear end) on the street, unloaded shifting from first to second. I think that towing this load is what really stressed it....
    [​IMG]

20k GCW, with 3.55s in the axles and 41" tires..... the drivetrain was hating life that day.

16. Diesel Nut

Media:
    What were you doing for rpms? 1100?? :eek:

Holy cow! That took a little bit of power to do that! Nice!waytogo

17. Subdriver

Subdriver Well-Known Member

Well... not my tow rig (which towed the mess home), but I unsuccessfully tried parking my Corvette in a concrete wall a few weeks ago (walked away without a bruise if you were concerned).

[​IMG]

18. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    That sucks, does insurance even cover a race car?

19. BadDog

Media:
    Hey, you park like my wife! ;)

Glad you're ok. Last time I wrecked a 'Vette it was at 135 and I DIDN'T walk away. Cage a-pillar dog leg folded and broke loose taking off my left leg at the knee. The put it back on with an artificial knee, and after a month and a half in traction, I spent a year in a wheel chair. That was the end of my dreams of professional racing, completely lost my "edge" and couldn't handle the speed after that... Good luck with the rebuild...

Based on back in the 80s when I was involved, insurance generally will not cover any high risk usage like racing unless you go for something like the Loyd's of London or one of the few high risk entries that will write paper on a race car. But nobody does it since the cost to cover for a couple of races would equal most of the cost of a car anyway. And if you can't keep it together longer than that, you shouldn't be playing with the big boys anyway. Biggest concern is health insurance on the drive since typical policies exclude injuries sustained while racing. Ask me how I know... <sigh>

20. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    rotfl