Time for a "post your carnage' thead...

Discussion in 'General Tow Rig Discussion' started by RJF's Red Cummins, Jun 22, 2006.

1. myclone

myclone Active Member

Just to add to what BadDog said every ins co that Ive checked with will not cover a vehicle if its entered in any type of racing/competition event other than buying a policy just for that type activity (if the particular ins co youre working with even offers it).

Point is if you flog your street car/truck in any type of organized competition then break it your stuck with the bill to fix it as far as your ins is concerned.

2. Subdriver

Subdriver Well-Known Member

BadDog,
    Sorry to read about your unfortunate on track incident. :(

Fortunately in my case I had all the right safety gear and the cage aft of the fire wall didn't deform at all. Actually in my class everything forward of the firewall is pretty much stock Corvette. Though it is now totally trashed, the RF siderail, bumper and subframe absorbed the impact and diffused it to the LF siderail as well. Pretty safe design all in all. For those interested, I describe the experience on this page of my racing website:
    http://www.c66racing.com/Safetygear.htm

And as those mentioned above, there is insurance available for racecars, but it is prohibitively expensive. This was my first body damage of any kind in 30 races, so it works out to about $500 per race in crash damage. Insurance is about five times that much.

3. FordCummins1

FordCummins1 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Yea, the RPMs were pretty ridiculous on the highway, good for economy though. :D Unloaded at least. I was wishin for more power when pulling some of the grades on I80,81,84 out East, but the truck did it with the pyro at 1250 and the coolant temp gauge headin towards H on alot of the grades...

Non intercooled, and alot more fuel than stock will do that though. I have to give credit to that truck, it handled it like a champ.