New Duramax pricing

Discussion in 'GM Duramax 6.6 (LBZ | LLY)' started by bowtiepower00, Aug 20, 2006.

1. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 Active Member

I'm considering purchasing a new 06 2500HD WT with the D/A. I was curious what kind of deals you guys have been getting at the dealer. It looks like I should be able to get right around invoice, but I'd like to shoot for Invoice minus the $3000 bonus cash Chevy is currently offering. I know the diesels fetch a premium, but is that a ridiculous demand? Thanks...

2. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    First off, where are you located?

I know alot of promos vary based on locations.

3. bowtiepower00

I'm in Phoenix, I'd like to buy locally, but I'm willing to travel to get the right deal. I went to Midway today, I had a good salesman but the managers had to get in on the gravy train, so I walked. I'm walking in already financed, ready to buy. I may just order an 07 so I can get what I want, assuming I can find a dealer that is willing to go invoice and give me any applicable rebates at the time of purchase. I'm looking for an extended cab shortbed LS with the HDPP. The other options I'd like from the factory are HD trailering, tint, power locks, extendable mirrors, and dual alt.

Thanks...

4. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    That's what I got on my 06 Dodge, what you could do is write up an offer explaining that you have your own financing etc. and that you need invoice plus rebates, then fax it to all the dealers near you telling them the first one to say yes gets your sale, I bet you wouldn't have a problem.

5. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    I generally do just about what Steve said.

I do my research to find "the price", tell them what I want AND what I'll pay, cash deal, inform them it's not a negotiation or discussion, only a yes/no option. And I also tell them I will not talk to a single "manager" and I want the paperwork setting ready for a signature when I get there, no BS and no waiting or they can keep it. For the most part, I get what I want and I'm done in an hour... Pissed off more than one when they insisted on "playing their games" and I told them, "I warned you, you just lost the sale and X got it..." and walked off as they calling out behind me, often along with the manager who just couldn't keep his nose out of it... Often because he wanted to explained why the "dealer loading" for tint, pin stripes and wax (optimistically called "paint sealer") at $600 HAD to be added to my number and was a "good investment". In this case "X" is the second to "accept" my terms, and when told why he has a shot, will rarely mess with me...

I hate those SOBs. :mad:

6. bowtiepower00

Baddog, that about sums up my experience at Midway. They gave me a "courtesy call" today, I proceeded to let them know that my salesperson did a fine job, then I got rude and let them know what I thought of their management. I then told them to lose my number. I even threw in some expletives. I enjoyed all of the "uhhhh.... uhhhhhhhhh.... and silence on the other end, followed by apologies, etc..." Oh well. I'm still looking, but If I don't get one that's fine, I can build one hell of a Blazer for the monthly payment I was looking at.

Thanks...

7. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    Ha, missed that you were talking about Midway. That's also one I walked out on for the same basic reason over 2 years ago... :D Guess they don't learn