Everyone Please Read! A Defining Moment

Discussion in 'Brand Wars' started by budkole, Mar 20, 2006.

1. budkole

budkole Well-Known Member

Media:
    Well lets see here, DUH, the 7.3 isnt listed:doah: and this is only one forum, there are many others out there and the results will vary from one forum to another, oh yeah, havnt you noticed this is a prodominently dodge gathering!

2. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Well, unfortunately I think it's just you. You have a great imagination. No really, I have given you a few shots here and there, but it was warranted in the Dodge forum. The rest I think you are a little "over exadurating," and are making it a bigger deal than anyone else sees. You don't get caught in crap, because I don't make it. You just think you are getting balled up into something that isn't there, or isn't neccessarely as bad as you presume.

I list both the good and bad qualities of my vehicle, as you do. But, when something comes along that is somewhat common knowledge I'll defend it until it bores me.:D Yes, I do list the good things of my vehicle or why I think it has something that is a superior part or design over the other two brands. After all, I bought my truck because I thought it was better than the other two for my use and wants. As did you.

Lighten up, you are making too much drama out of something as simple as internet chat. We are in Brand Wars after all......:D

3. jalewis

jalewis Well-Known Member

I certainly agree with this statement. The 6.0L is not nearly as reliable as either the Cummins or the Duramax. However, I don't know enough about the older Ford Diesels to be able to comment on them. And I really don't know a lot about anything but the Cummins, but it is my understanding that the 6.0L PSD has had many times the number of problems that the Cummins has.

4. DMAXRIG

DMAXRIG Well-Known Member

I agree with you, but to stick up for Ford (even though they are my least favorite) the 6.0 is not having as many problems as they did when they first came into production. Even with that said though, I do not belive the 6.0 will last longer than 300,000 miles. The high RPM will shorten its life.

5. CoastalDav

CoastalDav Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    One visit to the Dodge Dealer in the first 100,000 miles for a Map Sensor.
    One Crankshaft Position Sensor at 125,000 miles, original Clutch, original VP44, and changed one LP. Have 161,400 on it now.

What else could you ask for.

My sons 96 2500 Ext Cab Cummins, my old ride, 276,000. He's in 12 valve heaven. Never been to the shop for a engine related issue. Changed one mechanical fuel delivery pump.

Dave

6. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

my brothers 7.3 cam position sensor around 59K and at 61K the turbo line blew or well line going from the turbo to the oil pan I dont think the higher reving diesle engines will last as long as the older lower reving engines have

7. bigbaddiesel

bigbaddiesel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Lighten up, you are making too much drama out of something as simple as internet chat. We are in Brand Wars after all......:D[/quote] for a dodge guy i really agree with you all of the big three are great trucks its all personal prefrance of what you like if you like quiet and quick duramax if you like loud as balls easy to work on cummins if you like power with a killer interior powerstroke... ford is the only company whos tow mirrors i like though but thats my opion who else cares you like your truck for what it is ive done stuff to my truck so its not like any other powerstroke out there except the guy who helped me make it what it is today. and im sure anybody else who pulls a sled will agree that these trucks are completely differnt from when the rolled off the lot on to that scale would you even consider a pull truck by what badge it has on the front by whats under the hood??????

8. ryan10

ryan10 Well-Known Member

Ok, well i do not know too much about diesels, but i would have to say my favorite is the cummins, and that is mostly because my favorite truck is dodge. I have a 91 with 339,000 miles, and it runs and starts great, and with the 5 speed, it could pull a house.

However, i do not like how everybody thinks just because they have a cummins means it will outpull a modded out psd or dmax. I would say that with the same amount of money into each one, the cummins will come out on top, but i can not stand how people think just because they have a stock cummins its the biggest and baddest thing out there.

9. cummins_47re

cummins_47re Member

doesnt the go in a brand war section or something?:popcorn: