Have Any Of You Seen The New Turbos???

Discussion in 'General Tow Rig Discussion' started by carguy9135, Dec 26, 2006.

1. carguy9135

carguy9135 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I know their doing it for the tuner market and everything but their is this new style of turbo. Apparently the new turbo will make the turbo spool up faster because of the design of the entrance of the air. I will see if i can find a picture of it. I believe HKS makes it and their in the tuner market not in the diesel market. The turbo comes with some special pipe where the air enters the turbo and inside the pipe, there is some kind of special design where it makes the air spin so when it enters the turbo it spools up faster or something like that.... pretty cool. Let you know if I see it for diesels. Ill also try and find a picture. waytogo

2. Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf Well-Known Member

Media:
  3. Bullrack

Bullrack Well-Known Member

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but the 6.0L Powerstroke along with IH VT365 came out with these in late '02 for early '03 prod. and everyone is running from them. I'm waiting for my Aurora non VGT turbo now. The VGT's are so problematic that IH even puts out a cleaning kit with sanding disks and all for this problem. The vanes stick and not always open or closed or cmaybe somewhere in between. Saw one last week that stuck and caused an overboost situation which took out the guys headgaskets. They may be fine for gasburners, but for a diesel, they really suck. Even leaving one to sit for going off on vacation, you may come home to stuck vanes. If I were to change or modify turbos it would not be a VGT.

4. Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf Well-Known Member

Media:
    Bull, no argument from me I feel the same way about them. I even prefer the non-watsegated turbo myself;)