6.4 problems?

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.4' started by CB, Dec 11, 2006.

1. CB

CB Well-Known Member

Media:
    I heard a guy say the other day that they are having problems with the 6.4 blowing seals and leaking. Didn't get a chance to ask where he got that info. Anyone heard anything? I'll ask him when I see him again.

2. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

I havent heard anything problem wise since they have yet to let one out on the market sure it wasnt a 6.0?

3. Bullrack

Bullrack Well-Known Member

Ford has let several new 6.4L's out before the official launch. Want to know how I know? Check out Fabtech's blue and silver '08 6.4L with 10" of lift and many other trick items. Ford does work with the aftermarket more than people want to believe and so does the other two makers. I would doubt though that they are experiencing any major problems. Call Fabtech and ask them what problems they've had because you know they beat the hell out of those during testing of new products.

4. rocknbronco

a bit off the topic

Hey anyone heard of 6.4 heads getting put on 6.0 I dont know if its true but I heard this the other day standing around of groups of older men with one claiming Ford placed a 6.4 head on his sons 6.0.

5. Bourdon1350

Bourdon1350 Well-Known Member

havent heard that one. that would be nice tho. well about the leaks, way back in november when the ulsd was out, it was eating up some of the seals, as it is on the 7.3's right now. ive heard they figured it out and the trucks are still scheduled to hit dealership either end of this month, or early next month.

6. Sled_Dog

Sled_Dog Member

if you could somehow redesign the head to accept the HUEI system... I can't say 100% but they claim the heads are redesigned for the new fuel system. I'd be shockd if they will swap on a 6.4(maybe bolt up, but not accept the fuel system).

7. rocknbronco

I was wondering how the fuel would affect the swap I just think it was some hog wash myself.