power ?'s 93 6.5 t

Discussion in 'GM Diesel 6.5' started by mminok98, Jun 7, 2006.

1. mminok98

mminok98 New Member

I was wondering if someone would tell me if i was to put the 18:1 pistons and a turbo good for 300hp but left the stock pump if it would be worth the time and effort tourqe wise?

2. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Well, the pistons are going to allow for more room for fuel and air and the bigger turbo will help EGT's for more fuel, but with the same stock rated pump I doubt you will see any gains. Why not turn up the pump? Seems you have the air covered.

3. nevrenufhp

nevrenufhp Well-Known Member

After the pistons & stuff: Turn up the pump a little, and add injectors from Kennedy Diesel. Not that I'm advertising for him, but I think it's the only place to get em.

4. racecitymike

racecitymike Member

"After the pistons & stuff: Turn up the pump a little, and add injectors from Kennedy Diesel. Not that I'm advertising for him, but I think it's the only place to get em."

Second this one...and Kennedy is the only place to go (in my opinion)
    waytogo

5. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn Member

Peninsular Diesel has hi-performance injectors as well, but they are more expensive... not that I'm advertising for them or anything... waytogo

6. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

Its allot of work and $$ to take a chance on the bottom end holding up to the added power. Some have done the upgrade and had no problems, but a fair share have had the rods break and blow a hole in the block. If I were going to spend that kind of money, I'd find a 12v CTD motor and transplant it. If my truck were a ext cab, my 92 would have a 12V, the reg cab isn't worth it for me.

7. Missy good wench

Missy good wench Member

If you ae not going to fuel up the little creature just save your money and buy a good exhaust system that will let the thing breath.
    A small turn on the horse pressure screw wont hurt it at all.
    About 1/8th turn and a good exhaust will wake that sucker right up

MGWwaytogo