PowerStroke(T444e) vs. Cummins facts

Discussion in 'Brand Wars' started by budkole, Oct 21, 2005.

1. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Yes that is a sad fact its a problem thats rampant on pirate4x4 and I hope to see it go away rather than grow like a cancer. I know we all like things a bit away from the drawing board and while our brands might not be the same we can atleast give one fellow member a compliment on his truck or other vehicle or advice from out life but dont start bashing others its simply stupid.

2. whiterocket5.9

whiterocket5.9 Well-Known Member

i like my cummins....thats just my opinion and yall know opinions are like ass holes everybody has one :)

3. rocknbronco

Very true and I stand behind the 7.3's and Mod motors but I will like to see what the 6.4 had to offer.

4. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Don't worry,this thread will drift deep into the barrel as more threads are made.

Nothing like a good debate to liven things up a bit...:popcorn:

5. DMAXRIG

DMAXRIG Well-Known Member

RJF's my hero!!!! Good job buddy!!!waytogo

6. JNelson

JNelson Well-Known Member

Media:
    The 6.2 and the 6.5's were a problematic dog diesel. I dont care what anybody says, I dont care if you own 10 of them. They are and always will be a piece of crap. I dont know what was worse, the junk injection pumps, the terrible noise or the oil leaks.

My buddy from three rivers was towing a 28 ft. gn with 8,000 lbs of pipe with his 6.5 and I was towing a 36ft. gn with around 12,000lbs of production equipment. I was driving my old 2001 CTD/auto , I almost had to stop and wait for him.He couldnt keep up for a hill of beans.

sorry, seen it, been there, got the t-shirt

7. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    Well, I wouldn't go as far as to say they were junk. The 6.2's I've seen were fairly good running dependable engines....they were just gutless wonders though. (Even though a turbo charged version lays down an incredible 350ft lbs of torque at 1,400RPM and gains a ground pounding 50 ft lbs for a grand total of 400ft lbs at 2,000RPM:poke: :D ).

I don't think the 6.5's were that bad either, they just had some electronic issues with some "box" that would go out, the problem being heat related sticks out in my mind.

8. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    They also had main journal issues, particularly in the 6.5TD. IMO, the 6.2/6.5 diesels were great motors for the K5/Sub and C/K10 class of vehicles. I’ve seen them get stupid mileage lightly loaded and taken care of, they will last forever. But start towing with it, or trying to turn up the wick, and the benefits start falling off... sometimes literally... ;)

9. gannetpeak1@yahoo.co

gannetpeak1@yahoo.co Member

I have observed that in the various diesel competitions around the country, the Cummins seems to dominate in racing events. Comments?

10. rocknbronco

Yeah its like a Chevy gasser cheap and easy to mod.

11. gannetpeak1@yahoo.co

gannetpeak1@yahoo.co Member

Interesting reply from a guy who's tow rigs are a gas powered Bronco and a rice burner.

12. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    Shoot.... I'm still stuck on how a power curve that makes a pathetic 350ft lbs at 1,400RPM's and only climbs another 50ft lbs for an incredible 400ft lbs peak at 2K RPM.... can rip a Cummins/Dmax, or Ford a new one from across an intersection.

Regardless of the fact that the "inferior" eletronic engines are building peak 600+ft lbs at 1600rpm's, thats not the start of the curve, thats the peak....

Maybe Will has magic fairy dust sprinkled across his dash?:confused:

13. vegascrew

vegascrew New Member

I bought a Dodge Cummins and then I thought; Hey I could have had a V-8

14. 01 PowerStroke Dr.

01 PowerStroke Dr. Member

T444e

The T444E is a dang good engine it has its ups and downs but my 2001 Ford has 316,000 miles on it and still runin strong. There are alot of T444E's out there in buses, super dutys, medium size trucks, and a hell of a alot more things.:cool:

15. yellowk20

yellowk20 Well-Known Member

Dude ever heard of a DTT466??????? been around a long damn time and I'd venture to say every bit as reliable as its Cat and Cummins Counterparts

as for the Inline versus V config ?? well my thinking was that the V design was more for the increase in displacement for a given block length I/E shorter hood .

As for why you don't see V8's in OTR trucks ?????? WEIGHT a 3408 Cat is a mean son of a bitch in a truck stomp a mudhole in any comparable inline but it weighed nearly half as much more than Inlines. and when your looking at 80,000 lbs gross weight limit you want your truck to be as light as practical so you can haul more weight I/E make more money

I'd be interested to see some Actual data involving to equal displacement engines with all factors the same I/E head design,Turbo,Fuel pump,Injectors, and see what difference there would be in there power curves I think it would closer than everyone thinks

16. yellowk20

yellowk20 Well-Known Member

1150's are bad mothers to be sure But damn heavy and hard on fuel. I work on KTTA 1150's almost everyday in gensets Super reliable and and talk about power!!!!!! I've been working on K-series cummins engines for going on 11 yrs know . and seems that everyone agrees there better suited for constant speed opereation and not quite as reliable in truck applications