Toyo M/T tires?

Discussion in 'Tires | Wheels' started by DMAXRIG, Mar 26, 2007.

1. DMAXRIG

DMAXRIG Well-Known Member

Hey guys, anybody ever run the Toyo M/T's on their diesel pickups? I have always wanted a really good and aggressive tire for my Duramax, but have always stayed away from the Mud Terrians cause of the soft compund and low tire rating. Always thought I'd wear em out to fast and that they wouldnt hold up to heavy loads. But I saw a pair of Toyo M/T's this weekend and saw that they are Load Range E!!! They are suppose to be a hard compound also. Has anybody run em before, and what kind of luck have you had with em? Thanks in advance.

2. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

I know Nitto has gotten one sweet tire they are running on Off Road Magazines Porject Power Waggon I thik they would look great on a tow rig myself.

3. whiterocket5.9

whiterocket5.9 Well-Known Member

ive got nitto m/t's, the ones i have are a few hundred lbs higher ont eh load rating compare to the stocker michelins i had. the m/t tire wont hold up as long if your romping it but if you drive normaly you should get a decent wear as long as you get em rotated regularly. the guy that installed mine said they are soem of the best balancing mud terrains out there. also ive heard nothing but good things about toyo both brands are high as hell though. i get lots of compliments on the nittos i have. one oif the reasons i like em is not too many peeps around here are runnin them. great lookin great bite, i cant comment on wear as of yet....

4. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    The toyos are some nice tires! They are very quiet for a mud tire, and tread wear is awesome! I'll be installing toyo MTs when my BFG AT's are wore out.

5. whiterocket5.9

is that what you drag with nut, the at's or do ya have set of track tires?

6. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    I have an extra set of stock wheels here and I want to get a set of street slicks for the track. That or some toyo proxis or something.

7. whiterocket5.9

i had seen your video well kinda with my crappy connection speed but ya it looked liek you hooked up great was that a 4 wheel launch?

8. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    He kind of hops around a little bit in the 60ft, I can see what he is saying, as I think he wants to try and kill that hoping.

I personally don't really get too excited about Toyos, mainly due that none of their tread styling appeals to me. I've found their muds to be kind of ugly. But, my dad has Toyo Open Countries and they are priced well and wear good. My tire supplier swears by Toyo. Some older guys in the tire business also claim that Toyo taught Michelin everything they know in heavy truck tires.

I REALLY like the factory Michelins that come on the HD Dodges, I put my M/S's on my service truck and love them. There is no tire that can outwear those suckers, and they ride and track really well. The only problem with Michelins is the price, $200+ per tire is high when you can buy Toyo Open Countries for $122. I just put new Coopers on my Ram about a week ago, mainly due to my 16.5" rims.