Anyone make a 1" lift?

Discussion in 'Dodge 2nd Gen Cummins 5.9 (24v)' started by RJF's Red Cummins, Feb 7, 2007.

1. TARussell

TARussell Well-Known Member

There should be a tag on one of the coil rungs that is an actual part number and the three digits ( either the first or last thre numbers ) are what the guys over at TDR used as the common terminology. There should be two different part numbers for each side ( the driver side being the stouter spring due to the driver and fuel tank placement ).

The rear springs differ in height as well depending on what options or equipment the truck has . Mine sits ass end high like most every other 2nd Gen truck out there but it sits 2-1/2" higher than most 2500/3500 trucks that I have run across. It has the same rear blocks as used on all 4x4 2500/3500 trucks ( some trucks had a TSB block replacement that lowered the rear if desired ) but the spring pack is where the ride height is different .
    From what I can tell Dodge has about a few dozen rear spring pack part numbers but I have not found a parts counter person smart enough ( or cared to do some research ) to figure out what number equaled what ride height.

Tom

2. whiterocket5.9

whiterocket5.9 Well-Known Member

thanks TA i had noticed that soem dodges rode alot higher than otheres, not so much on my year but a cpl years older. i didnt know if this applied to my truck as well or if they were making all of the springs pretty much the same now

3. TARussell

Anytime !

All of what I know is of the 2nd Gen trucks and I agree with you about the 03 and up trucks looking the same height. I am sure there are differnces in ride quality but it seems that the height is real close on the third Gen stuff.

Tom

4. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I can say myself that I have noticed a few different 2nd gens at times and said "man, that thing sure looks tall for stock." The other day, a friend with a 99 thought my '01 was lifted. :doah:

I will definantly agree that some seem taller than others.

5. whiterocket5.9

whiterocket5.9 Well-Known Member

most of em that i have seen that i thought were lifted have been like state/conservation/city trucks at first i thought it was a plow package and that may be part of it but i have seen others with the p[low pakcages that arent near as tall, i dunno its looks like they are a good 3" s maybe more taller than the rest.

6. TARussell

I was told by a guy at the fuel station a few weeks ago that my truck had a lift kit on it when he was comparing his truck next to mine. I told him that I ordered the truck and have owned it since new and assured him that it did not have any lift on it - he did not believe me and still stated that it had to have a lift of some sort on it.
    I actually have had a three inch lift for my truck in my garage for five years but have never put it on since the ride height is so impressive.

My truck does have the snow plow prep pkg. on it, along with the camper special & tow group pkg. - maybe that makes the difference ???
    I have read that several options determine the spring rates and ride height on our trucks along with what is percieved as intended use by the options chosen.

Tom

7. GKsHOCUMMINS

GKsHOCUMMINS New Member

Ok Bobby I got it. Put 1" shorter tires in the rear...;) Or always park with the front end slightly up a hill ( I mean you only look at it when its parked right)......or you could cut 1" out of the front fenders....maybe add a body lift that was 1 " at the front and gradually dissappeared towards the rear...hmm..theres countless opions!!waytogo

I'd do 2" up front (or did) and then for you, heck just add 1 more inch in the back.

I wouldnt change the coils, the ride SWEET IMO. As for heating coils......lets just say a guy I know recently bought a Pontiac LeMans from a mexican guy ("spanish", whatever), it had heated coils......want a picture? Wasn't nice.

8. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media: