Michelin XPS Ribs Who has run these on a trailer?

Discussion in 'Trailers' started by FWP, Mar 21, 2007.

1. FWP

FWP Member

Media:
    If you have, post up on trailer weight, trailer config, usual speeds, and whatever else you want to add. There's 4 of them in my garage waiting for me to mount up this weekend to replace the crappy Nankangs I have now.

14K GVW tandem axle single wheel GN, 11K loaded (Trailer and truggy), 70-75 mph typically.

Fred

2. az-k5

az-k5 Active Member

Hands down the best heavy duty tire ever. It is exactly like a big rig tire but smaller. Wear awesome, track great wet or dry, low drag and can handle more weight than you can fit on your trailer. The only draw back is for city use. They don't skid well for tight corners but you are mostly highway so it is perfect. They also don't have the super low speed rating of trailer tires (max 65 usually). If you can go to costco and have them filled with N2 so they won't leak down like regular air can. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Bias for the city cause it can take a beating, 16" truck radials for the highway.

3. Hauliday

Hauliday Active Member

Media:
    i used to run them on my 02 dodge 3500 i wish they made them in 17" tire im sure they are a great trailer tire but a little pricey

4. az-k5

az-k5 Active Member

Ya, the LTX is the best you can get in a 17" for now. They haven't even caught up with the dually 17's yet. Ford has 18" LRE's stock option on F250-350's. Hard to shop for a tire when there are only 2 made in the size you need.

5. Hauliday

Hauliday Active Member

Media:
    thats why im running 19.5's now