Got yeast?

Discussion in 'General Tow Rig Discussion' started by 4by4bygod, Apr 4, 2007.

1. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod Well-Known Member

Since the switch to ULSD, many users are going through fuel filters like there's no tomorrow.. many people labor under the impression that ULSD is a solvent, which de - laminates the layers of gunk in the tank until the fuel quits running through the filter..

that explanation sounds plausible, until the filters clog on a new truck or bus..and if the clogging happens over and over again, how could the engine ever have run right, if the fuel system was loaded with enough gunk to cause so many filter changes?

actually, sulfur ( being an acid ) is what kept bacteria, fungus, and yeast in check. with the removal of sulfur, ULSD is a playground for contaminants to grow... so the chances of filter plugging go up exponentially with this new fuel.

here are some pictures of a yeast infested filter.. this fleet operator was changing filters about every week, due to the slow fuel flow..

this stuff likes to grow in biofuels too, as they absorb water like nobody's business..

anyway, we fixed this guys problem, but the moral of the story is,a quality biocide /fungicide / yeasticide can put a stop to all this nonsense..it's the fuels fault, but not in the way everyone thinks..

Attached Files:

2. 502_Jimmy

502_Jimmy TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Well, thats unpleasant at best....

3. whiterocket5.9

whiterocket5.9 Well-Known Member

nasty man, youd think the fuel manafacturers and goverment would have seen this coming before they introduced the ulsd into the market...par for the course i guess

4. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    You are assuming that they would actually do quality in-depth experimintation and research with this new fuel as to how it would effect fuel systems from filters to injectors on vehicles not just made after to 2006, but engines and fuel systems dating back to the 60's too, since changing something that could hinder billions of older engines out there could have a serious impact on the economy and in effect, people's livelyhood....

And of course one would assume that they would actually do quality in depth experimintation, examination, and research about the EMMISSIONS of this new fuel, with it's higher consumption rates vs. so called "dirtier" fuel with a higher sulfer content.

So you can see how good of a job they did with the fuel system research.....and you can guess on my opinion of how good they did with the emmissions research too.....:rolleyes:

5. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

Your products must cost big $$$$$$$$$$$$ because I saw no price quotes on your site. Will we have to refi our homes to afford this stuff??

6. Torquer

Torquer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Well said. I especially love the irony of 'lower emission fuel that gets lower fuel mileage' - how true and how stupid.

7. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting up..

ACES is more expensive than the stuff you can buy at truck stops, but that's because it does more, and has different ( read:effective ) ingredients. Our customers like the fact that they've solved all of the ULSD issues, are burning less fuel, polluting less, and getting longer life from their equipment..

retail prices for the diesel fuel catalyst are as follows - one pint, treating 250 gallons is 43.95. one quart, treating 500 gallons is 82.50, and one gallon, treating 2,000 gallons is 300.00. ( treat ratio is one ounce ACES to 14 gallons fuel )

of course, towrig guys get a 5% discount applied to the order total, and we ship fedex anywhere, with no hazmat fees.

ACES is one of those rare instances where the value exceeds the price.

8. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

Not as much as I had thought. I'll go back and read more about the products. With my mileage soon to be running 550-600/day I'll need all the help I can get.