Need Advice....

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by carguy9135, Jun 27, 2007.

1. carguy9135

carguy9135 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Alright so MOST OF YOU are usually good for advice so i need it now.....

Alright i own and run a car detailing business in my neighborhood. I put up flyers in my neighborhood by the mailboxes and everything and they keep getting ripped down which just ends up being a pain in my ass:mad: .....anyway its not the mailman, i talked to him already, and i have permission to put up all of those flyers from the owners of the fences, so its not them. I know its this old fart at the end of my street who nobody likes, these two punk asshole 14 year olds who do stuff around the neighborhood too, and another old fart?

:stir: What the hell should i do to them to teach them not to **** with my stuff?:confused:

2. cornmarine

cornmarine Well-Known Member

persistence will pay off young man. Vengence will only get you into trouble. Strong minds are better than strong fists in a civilian world. Im a US Marine grunt and i firmly believe that.

3. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Try some new spots.

4. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    Keep trying. Some spoil sports may tear up your ads, but how many people saw your ad before it was torn down? Thats what you need to look at. Many will try and slow you down, be persistent and you will prevail.waytogo

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    what he said. but i tell ya what, i wouldnt want to look at paper adds in my area. they are tacky. advertise at the grocerie store on the free add borads. got to busy parking lots and hand them out. get some stands, make some pamplets and place them at small business. ask them for a stack of cards and portray it as helping each other out. when it comes to getting a name out, or a product, i have the hardest thing to sell... i know how to get word out without pissing people off too much.

6. carguy9135

Media:
    well, for the first question, how many people saw my ads.....alot of people and alot of my business is building on referal from other people so i should be fine but just the thought of them doing that sucks.

7. carguy9135

Media:
    O i got business cards now too, so that should definetly help....

8. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    Good deal. Quality pays for itself, too. Remember that. You do a good job and people will hear about it.

9. strictlyv8

strictlyv8 Well-Known Member

Do right by your clients and your business will grow. Trust me I know this. I am a roofing contractor in a county where there are over 280 licensed roofers and I still do well with the fierce competition. Word of mouth will do you good.

10. duckmanquacker

duckmanquacker Well-Known Member

keep up the quality work you do and your buisness will stay. remember it takes about 10 atta boys to fix 1 mistake. I've got a lot of shady detailers in my area that charge excessively for what poor sevice we getwaytogo