New shoes

Discussion in 'Dodge 2nd Gen Cummins 5.9 (12v)' started by joez, Aug 30, 2007.

1. joez

joez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Well, the 'ole MTR's finally wore out. I went out and bought a set of 315/75-16 Pro Comp xtreme a/t's to replace them. So far they seem like a pretty decent tire, nice and quiet and smooth as glass all the way to 90mph. I must say 35's just look right on these trucks.

Today i also decided to go ahead and wash/wax the truck, and it was so shiney i decided to snap a couple pics with the new shoes on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nitelord

Nitelord Well-Known Member

Media:
    Awesome.. Nice pics, enjoy the new shoes.

I like the looks of 35's too.

3. Nitelord

Nitelord Well-Known Member

Media:
    Awesome.. Nice pics, enjoy the new shoes.

I like the looks of 35's too.

4. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Looks good man, hows it coming along with those planned motor mods you have?

5. joez

joez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Parts are being accumulated, a bit slower than i originally wanted mainly because of my trail rig sucking up some funds. Ive got a set of New Era 435's sitting on my desk next to my computer, some 191 DV's that im not sure if i am going to run, and i pick up my twins this weekend. Trans will be ordered from Goerend this week, most likely tommarow if i can get ahold of them before i go in to work. Just have to figure out how to 0-ring my head with minimal down time, as this truck is my daily driver. I can drive my toyota in a pinch if i have to, but a 4-runner on 42" irok's thats top and doorless doesnt work to well if i have to drive it back and forth to work for more than a couple days.

6. Rob Knoell

Rob Knoell Well-Known Member

Hey man, I love the way your truck looks. I think that you are right, these trucks do look better on 315's.
    I am curious as to how the Pro-comps will wear. How many miles do you have on them and would you recomend them to anyone else? I am looking at having to get new treads before the snow flies and I have been eyeballing them myself. Keep in mind that they will be going on a dually.
    LT.

7. joez

joez Well-Known Member

Media:
    So far ive put about 2000 miles on them, 850 of them towing, and they arent showing any wear at all. Im very happy with them, and would gladly buy them again.

8. Rob Knoell

Rob Knoell Well-Known Member

Awesome man! Keep the updates comming. We all want to know if these "shoes" are worth having on these heavy trucks.

9. silver12v

silver12v Active Member

does the truck in the pic have a lift or not?Going to buy tires soon and like the looks of them.if no lift , do they rub at all?

10. silver12v

silver12v Active Member

does the truck in the pic have a lift kit or not?need tires and like the looks of them 35's.