transgo valve body

Discussion in 'Dodge 3rd Gen Cummins 5.9 (24v)' started by cumminspower572, Oct 7, 2007.

1. cumminspower572

cumminspower572 Active Member

I am thinking about installing a transgo valve body this winter. I am jus woundering if anyone is running one and how it is if you are, any problems, and how much trans fluid it takes to fill the trans after droping the pan. Also I am going to use either Amzoil, Bullydog, or royal purpale. Which is better?

2. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    Well, I am biased, of course. I like the AMsoil fluid. Bully Dog just rebadges what ever is the most cost effective for them, and by looking at the bottle my guess is Redline. Put the Amsoil ATF in.

AS for the VB, are you looking for a complete VB or the Transgo shift kit to install in the VB yourself? We have both, and the price difference is about $300. However, with the VB you are paying the labor for someone else to do the VB work.

3. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

I had the transgo shift kit for about 6 months. It was a big improvement, but not as good as the Goerend VB I have now. Buy a good VB and be done with it. I think I used 8-9 quarts of trans fluid when I did the transgo. Get ready to take a bath in trans fluid, if your doing it with the trans in the truck.

4. Diesel Nut

Media:
    Actually, easiest way to do it is to get a tub from home depot for a tile saw. These are perfect. It will catch all the fluid and has more than enough capacity.

As for the full VB, he is right. They do perform better than just the transgo, but like posted, you have to pay extra for that.

5. cumminspower572

cumminspower572 Active Member

how much?

how much are the Goerend VB

6. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

There were in the range of $500, depending on what your planning on doing with your truck. EXCELLENT customer service!

7. Diesel Nut

Media:
    Can't go wrong with Dave.

You've got mail.waytogo