I Feel Sick

Discussion in 'GM Duramax 6.6 (LBZ | LLY)' started by cornmarine, May 29, 2007.

1. cornmarine

cornmarine Well-Known Member

sometimes i think the designers of these thing get so wrapped up in the designing of these engine they forget some of the very basic rules that govern these engines. but in their defense as well, the epa and govt have a hand in it as well.

2. cumminspower572

cumminspower572 Active Member

Do you run bio diesel? I have been told that it can clog your filter like that. I also had a problem with the dealership I had it in three times for a lack of power all they did was reprogam the computer. It was fine for a while and it would come back. I changed the fuel filter myself and its been fine ever since. I had been running bio before that.

3. cornmarine

cornmarine Well-Known Member

ive never ran bio diesel. i dont think i ever will. but i think i ran into some bad fuel and i have an idea where i got into it. i dont blame the designers of this pickup or engine. i think my issue stemmed from bad fuel and clueless dealership mechanics who couldnt fix it. i still love this pickup. so even through all this bull**** im still a duramax man waytogo

4. leaddog

leaddog New Member

bio-dieseland filters

Bio-diesel requies a filter that won't re-act to the vegetable oil. That is what clogs regular diesel filters. The filters for boi-diesel will allow regular diesel, bio-diesel and home-made diesel(recycled vegetable oil)

5. Eric @ ATS

Eric @ ATS Member

You may want to consider adding a lift pump system like the FASS. Better filtration, less strain on the injection pump, better fuel delivery to injectors and no more fuel aeration throughout the whole system.

6. sbmar

sbmar New Member

Multi-Stage Fuel Filtration

If you'd like to see how simple and effective fuel filtration is accomplished is a much more extreme envrioment, you may find this link of interest..

http://sbmar.com/Articles/MarineFuel-Filtration_Introduction.cfm

This is how we deal with the marine side of fuel filtration, but when you really get down to the meat, it's really all the same... I had a Dodge w/ a Cummins 5.9 and I know first hand what can happen w/ stock factory filtration.. Good reading..

Tony