Yota couldn't get it done!

Discussion in 'Dodge 3rd Gen Cummins 5.9 (24v)' started by TXDODGE, Oct 16, 2007.

1. TXDODGE

TXDODGE Active Member

This past weekend a friend from work needed to take his offshore boat to the shop for some engine work. The boat itself is 10,500 lbs and the trailer is 2,000 lbs. With only one outboard running he asked me to meet him at a ramp to help get it loaded. Getting it on the trailer was easy enough but when the trailer bottomed out on the concrete when coming out loaded his new Tundra could not get it up. So we hooked up my 03 Dodge CTD 4x4 to it. As you can see by the pics I drug it out ok. Had to put it 4 low and spun all tires a little though. He would not let me take any pics of his Yota burning down the tires trying to get it out. All those commercials about the Tundra did not take into affect that we are not on a "Closed course with a professional driver". LOL

Attached Files:

2. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    Anyone dumb enough to hook that thing up to a Toyota deserves to get full humiliation in any and all forms.

3. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

JMHO, the imports have always over rated their trucks. AGAIN, JMHO!

4. TXDODGE

TXDODGE Active Member

180 Stat

Hey Woods, where did you find that 180 degree thermostat. I called several places and could only get 190's for my 03. Anyone got some info?

5. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

6. TXDODGE

TXDODGE Active Member

180 stat

Thanks for the help Woods. I already found another thing from them I need. Ordered them this morning.

7. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

Your Welcome.

8. joez

joez Well-Known Member

Media:
    Im pretty sure in all those commercials the Tundra is loaded to its rated capacity, not like your friend who overloaded it by well over a ton (probobally closer to 3000-3500 pounds once you add in fuel and equipment) and expected all to be well. Real smart one he is.