Just got our First 6.4 08 Super Duty.

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.4' started by Sled_Dog, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Sled_Dog

Sled_Dog Member

Quiet in comparison to the older units. I will get some pictures when I get a chance(don't have my camera at the moment). Moves decent for a stock truck. But man are they BUTT UGLY!

But the MOUNTAIN of crap I've been told already about them, I never ever recommend anyone buy one... And thats not rumor stuff, it is stuff straight out of the Ford reps mouth.

2. musicmasterstravis

musicmasterstravis Well-Known Member

you dont care for the looks? I like the box-like looks myself

3. SNOWMAN

SNOWMAN Member

I like the look. Who's your rep? Are you sure he's not from Mopar ???

4. whiterocket5.9

whiterocket5.9 Well-Known Member

5. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

They are goiong to be cheaper in price than the previous model that much I know already I have chatted whit Ian at Xtreme 4x4 and he said he thought it was a good truck but he isnt a big Ford fan either. He didnt like the exhaust I know or and maybe something else who knows I think after the 6.0 everyone will be leary to jump on the 6.4 band waggon I hope it works out for the best like the 7.3's.

6. Diesel Addict

Diesel Addict Member

I like the new Super Duties, i don't like them as much as the original '99 - 04' trucks but it's still cool. They run great, I think some of the problems that have been happening is from people trying to modify them.

7. gone camping

gone camping Well-Known Member

Media:
    Good Luck with your new ford. I hope everything goes well.waytogo

8. Haulinman

Haulinman New Member

Bought a 08 f 450 in march 07, have 89000 km (55000 miles), am getting second radiator replaced, have a exhaust leak before turbos which is affecting power output. truck has tremendous amount of power but fuel mileage sucks ( 12mpg empty ). also have a 07 dodge 3500 with 5.9 cummins which gets fabulous mileage. will post pic of trucks right away.

9. xploretx

xploretx Active Member

I think they look cool. Enjoy.

Pete

10. reddragon4x4

reddragon4x4 Well-Known Member

We have a few of them on my base that have been converted to stake beds to move stuff. I drove one and wasn't too impressed. I like the looks of the outside but hate the inside. It does excellerate pretty smoothly though.

11. the bus

the bus New Member

you fool of ****

12. Haulinman

Haulinman New Member

I have to agree with sled dog. These trucks are nothing but crap. I have an 08 F450, and have had nothing but trouble, 4 engine radiators, exhaust flex pipe, high pressure fuel pump( this part am fighting with ford to cover under warranty). Have not modified the truck either. I do not recommend anyone buys these trucks. You pay so much money for vehicles then the manufactures dont want to cover the warranty for the crap they build???? I will not buy another ford vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. cumminspower572

cumminspower572 Active Member

ford is crap

Afriend and I test drove all Three Chevy, Dodge, and Ford. The ford was the weakest of the three, while the dodge smoked the tires strait off the lot no mods. The chevy also has some nuts. THe ford is just a big disapointment, twin turbos? it didnt drive like it has twins.

14. 96psdiesel

96psdiesel Member

The 6.4 is a joke, radiator problems left and right, sequential turbos that can't put the same power to the ground as GM or Dodge, I was expecting alot more for the kinda of money that you have to shell out for a new truck, this motor is starting to look like the 6.0 all over again. How many years before they can iron out the problems.

15. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

Media:
    my buddy has a f-550 for union pacific. he has 15000 miles on it. i has had half the motor rebuilt, the entire fuel system replaced, a new radiator, new turbo's and now eats a quarter tank of fuel in 20 miles. WTF? ford really needs to get back to the 7.3L.

16. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Well see how it goes in 2010 now:doah:

17. Eastern

Eastern Member

Well I will give you credit the 6.4 does have bad fuel mil. My bro in law has a 08 chevy and another has the dodge and they are all getting bad fuel mil. It has alot to do with the dpf. I did a dpf delete,tuner and intake and there is a hell of a diff. ford dyno stock at around 290 at the tires and chevy wasn't much higher.After I did tuning I was putting down well over 500 hp at the tires and over 1200 ft lb of torque.And did I mention I am getting around 20-22 mph:stir:

18. xploretx

xploretx Active Member

I think they look good. I like the bold look. Chevy's on the other hand :eek:.

Enjoy
    Pete

19. 4054x4

4054x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    wait... you're telling me i will get better mileage if i unplug my exhaust?!

what a concept... :rolleyes:

20. Mr. Big Ram

Mr. Big Ram Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine shelled out full retail ( $61k) for a King Ranch F350 18 months ago. Now at 32k miles it had a turbo grenade and scatter stuff through the engine. Ford denied warranty, saying he didn't have proof of all his oil changes, and said pay us $25k, we can get you running again !!!rotfl