Miles before towing

Discussion in 'Dodge 3rd Gen Cummins 6.7 (24v)' started by BLK07, Jan 2, 2008.

1. BLK07

BLK07 Member

How many miles should I put on my truck before I hook a load to it?

2. silver12v

silver12v Active Member

your truck doesn't need a break in period. i was told that the trucks are designed to be ready for whatever. why if i could ask, would you trade your 07 5.9 in for the complicated 6.7?

3. BLK07

BLK07 Member

when i bought the truck, i wanted a white 6-speed. it was end of the year and the wife didn't like the interior on the white one. she also said wht if i wnat to drive, i can't drive that bick thing with a stick. so i settled for the black truck with a automatic. i did some work to the tranny and don't get me wrong, it ran good. it just still wasn't a standard when pulling my 5er. then the other day, had an injector replaced....dealer was ok with the banks being installed. this truck i plan..:confused: on leaving stock. this truck seems strong (only 134 miles), it's a stick, white and it has the exhaust brake waytogo. i was un-easy about the 6.7 a year ago when i got the 5.9. it has been out now for a year and have seen alot of them on the road. thought i couldn't go wrong...IT'S A CUMMINS!!

4. silver12v

silver12v Active Member

your right, you can't beat a cummins! i agree, if a man is going to pay that much for a truck or anything for that matter, he better get what he wants.the prices have become ridiculos.i guess thats why i keep on runnin old faithful 12v.

5. LOUDandPROUD

LOUDandPROUD Well-Known Member

500 miles...Put about that much on it atleast. There are lots of parts in an engine that need to loosen up a little before it works hard. An easy break in never hurt anything.

6. cumminspower572

cumminspower572 Active Member

how long till load it down

Put as much weight as you can. The harder you work the motor the faster it sets the rings.waytogo

7. gone camping

gone camping Well-Known Member

Media:
    I had about 2500 miles on mine. It pulls great and the exhaust brake work fantastic in the mountains.waytogo