Dealership Thread

Discussion in 'General Tow Rig Discussion' started by Justice, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Justice

Justice Well-Known Member

Media:
    How bout a thread for dealership feed back? The good, bad, and the ugly of what every one has had from different dealer ships here and there.

2. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    I like it!

Lasher Dodge, Elk Grove, CA - Wonderful service dept, reasonably Mod friendly ( with common sense of course). Recommend to anyone.

3. Justice

Justice Well-Known Member

Media:
    I guess I could tell my experiances.
    Correnet Dodge, Peru, IL---not worth going in to. Sales staff no nothing of what they sell, service dept. is at least a week out all the time.
    Prescott Bros., Mendota, IL---Good service and sales. Have had my dually in there in there a few times (even though I did not buy it here with in a day).
    Lithia DXodge, Billings, MT---Great came in off the street and they gont me in and out ready to roll in 2hrs.
    No idea of the name right in Graysob, KY---fair did an oil change in 1hr with no appt

4. musicmasterstravis

musicmasterstravis Well-Known Member

Brooklin Ford-Brooklin MI. sales guys tried to sell me an 04 Ford diesel with no warranty and then had never heard of anything being bad on/about them

5. Full Pull

Full Pull Well-Known Member

Media:
    that sounds like a good idea .

6. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    Stay Away!!!!

Med Ved anything (Dodge, Chevy, Ford, Hummer etc) in Castle Rock/Wheatridge, CO- Never heard anything good about them. My brother (zippy) bought a new Dodge from them a few months back. The salesman was great and very knowledgeable but that was it. The Finance department didnt submit his loan to the bank so the bank dropped the loan and it F'ed up his credit. The dealership said it was my brothers fault and were very improfessional. When he got his survey from Chrysler the dealer told him to give it to them and they would send it to Chrysler. Needless to say he didnt and ripped MedVed a new one on the survey. Hopefully Chrysler will take care of the ****s at MedVed

7. Buccanoles

Buccanoles Active Member

If you're looking for a Chevy, the best place I've ever found is Bruce Glueck Chevy in Jasper FLA. He sells everything $29 over invoice. Only problem is he doesnt take trades as far as I know. I bought mine in Perry FLA. during the employee discount thing. Very happy with that.

8. ToyHaulersDream

ToyHaulersDream Member

new more about what I was buying than salesman. that's speaks to the volume of turnover in that business. Was very impressed w/ service dept-, salesman found it strange that I wanted to talk to service mgr. Got what I wanted at the price I wanted. Don Davis Dodge- Lake Jackson, Tx

THD07
    Jeff

9. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Susquehannah Dodge in Wrightsville PA - GREAT service!! they even have an every other oil change free program. if i buy a new truck any time soon it will be from them.

10. gannetpeak1@yahoo.co

gannetpeak1@yahoo.co Member

Any body got any favorites in the Phoenix AZ area?

11. strictlyv8

strictlyv8 Well-Known Member

These are all South Florida Dealers.
    Bad Delaers
    Midway Ford the sales man tried to sell me used 2003 6.0 and claimed they were more reliable than my 7.3 while I had asked to see new trucks not used.
    Armstrong Ford had a horribly terrible service department backed up for 6 weeks with Superduties.
    World Ford had my truck for a whole months just to rebuild my tranny.
    The Good ones
    Sawgrass ford had a great sales person and manager. Thta's where I bought the current truck. The salesman didn't know much on the motor the first time I went but the guys was real helpful with looking for the truck. When I went back the guy had done his homework so I bought my truck. Salesman name was Balthazar
    Tropical Chevrolet bought my Chevy 2500 there. Went there because my brother had a good experience with the salesman so I went looking for my truck there. Everyone was helpful from the salesman my brother recommended to the loan department. If you ever go ask for Tom Cuchi.

Hope this helps anyone out.

12. tosch88

tosch88 Active Member

Bought my 06 dodge at Genessee Valley Dodge, Flint, Mi, great salesman, great price. I took my truck in because the rearend was howling after 1500 miles, had my truck three days and didn't fix the problem. Took it back and told them it sounded like the ring and pinion, they had it for 4 days and didn't fix it. I would not recommend this dealership to anyone, they don't understand some of us use are vehicles to make money!!! I took it to Jim Reihls Friendly Dodge in Lapeer, MI. They had it for an hour, gave the truck back said the new rearend would be in in two days and they could have it fixed in 4 hours whenever I had the time.
    Bought my 07 cab chassis from them 1 month later and have had it serviced there. They have the Business Link system there and it is excellent.

13. txmegadually

txmegadually Member

If you are going to buy a dodge or ford in North Tx. Randall Noe in Terrell,Tx. can't be beat on price.
    Longhorn Dodge in Ft.Worth,Tx has a very good service dept.
    Cleburne Dodge in Cleburne,Tx isn't worth a FLIP for anything!

14. lrazer

lrazer Member

Bad experience- Telegraph chrysler jeep in Taylor, MI (near Detroit)

i drove there from chicago area a 4 hour trip to look at a 2000 7.3 PSD and the salesman knew this, i talked to him the day before, he had the attitude like it was an extreem inconvience to him to even give me the time of day, treated me like i didnt know what i am talking about, when he didnt even know that it had a turbo and when i found trans fluid in the bottom of the air box (i have no idea how that would happen) he told me that its probally turbo coolant..... well i could keep going but i think u get the idea, long story short they wanted more than it was worth and were not willing to negotiate whatsoever so i walked

15. germanbrave

germanbrave Member

Stockbridge ford in Stockbridge,Mi. I bought my current truck there and I have sent numerous family and friends there and all are happy,The service department is great and I like my $9.95 oil changes for life on my diesel it saves me alot of money.

16. nainoapak01

nainoapak01 Well-Known Member

Media:
    bought my 2007 one ton 6.7 dualy from Frahn Dodge in Norco Calif. The sales person was great no pressure and the service mgr is knowledgeable, friendly, and the service dept is good. Will go there again when I buy another one. In fact I did buy my wife a Grand Caravan at the same time.Hank

17. wasted wages

wasted wages Well-Known Member

Media:
    Allen Samuels Dodge in Katy Texas.

Bought 2 trucks from them,,,both fair deals.

Took 2 trips for the service dept to dig into a problem with my 07,
    but once they did, they took good care of me.
    Ask for Ken Carpenter in service. waytogo

18. gbuddenhagen

gbuddenhagen Well-Known Member

ken carpenter!!! ha...know him too, nice guy but forgets to tell the truth sometimes or his techs lied to him.....took my srt-4 in their for some work 3 yrs ago, i called to see if it was ready and he said yes...i said how about the allingment he said "all good"....the car was their for 2 days for a allingment and idle control valve motor, a total of 2 and 1/2 hours of work but took 2 days.....well went to pick the srt-4 up ken eas not their so a nice lady handled my paper work and i asked to see the allingment prinout and she said the allingment rack has been down for over a week and would not be ready for 1 more week....well i didnt say much after that just got pissed off and left....i worked for dealers in katy, houston, rosenberg, texascity, and league city texas for almost 10 yrs.....dont lie about something, if u cant fix it, tell the customer be honost so the cust can make other arrangements.....probally was not ken;s fault. most likely his managers doing.....but he takes care of my older sisters durango and no problems so far.....

19. tonkatoy01

tonkatoy01 Member

Media:
    up in N. IL, i was pretty happy with the service i got from MANLEY MOTORS , FORD, LINCOLN, MERCURY dealer. i wrote down everything that i was lookin for in a truck. was there for bout 40 minutes while the salesman made 8 calls to other ford dealerships to finally found it. i was and still happy with the service they provided. all the staff was friendly and not one bit pushy.

20. Taz Devil

Taz Devil Member

I bought my Dodge from Gulf Coast Dodge in Ft Myers, FL. If I had to do it over I would not by from them. Once the sale is over and you leave they forget who you are. Don't dare call and ask the service department a simple question, they'll give you the wrong advice and you will have to take the truck in for a repair and be without a vehicle for a few days. I quit asking them questions because they always act like you are stupid and then they really don't know the answer. This dealership is under the same owner as the Ford dealership which has the same mentality.