What brand of tires?

Discussion in 'Trailers' started by funcruise, Jan 15, 2008.

1. funcruise

funcruise Member

Media:
    I have a three horse gn trailer which needs new tires. It has Goodyear Marathon 205x75x15 on it now. Just wondering what everyone is using and how they are standing up. I wes offered a price of $124.00 each mounted and ballanced.......Im open for suggestions....

2. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

Marathons are good tires, $124 sounds right. The Maaxis tires are also a good tires from what I have heard. I currently have carlise tires, but its a crap shoot on the quality for them. Ive been lucky so far.

3. 9 second Butiac

9 second Butiac Well-Known Member

I have 2 tri axle trailers, 1 38' enclosed car hauler with living quarter that I use good years on with good success, the other is a 30' flatbed that I have switched to LT tires because nothing is holding up. I have had very bad luck with trailer tires that are made in china. I have gotten so PO'ed over all this when ever I buy anything I always try to find made in USA items. china tires are junk, along with most of the items made there.

4. funcruise

funcruise Member

Media:
    [
    china tires are junk, along with most of the items made there.[/quote]

Your right on there brother...

5. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

Agree, you have to hunt for usa made tires. So don't wait till your in a bind to buy tires.

6. Rob Knoell

Rob Knoell Well-Known Member

I run Goodyear's on my race car trailer with good success. I don't think that there is a better tire out there in the 205 series. $124 does sound like it is in the correct ball park. Good luck on your decision.

LT.

7. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

Stay away from Carlisle.