Are you guilty of destroying our business?

Discussion in 'Hotshot Hauler' started by dodgerep, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Super Trucker

Super Trucker Well-Known Member

Since I run primarly Intrastate I only have a state MC permit, when I do run Interstate I lease onto my friends company an run under his USDOT/ICC number. With 1 Million USD PL-PD and 100K UIM and 55K Coll my insurance runs 4-5K a year. That's with no acidents or tickets for over 10 years, :doah: My grandfather's brother started out with a wagon and a team of mules and latter moved into gas then diesel powered trucks, so we;ve been around the block a few times. ;)

2. HeartlandDelivery

HeartlandDelivery Member

I wasn't venting against anyone in particular, just venting.

It all stemmed from talking to a couple young guys that were picking up a trailer while I was picking up a new gooseneck today. They were buying a 10 ton speedloader to haul cars and equipment. They were talking about all the money they were going to be making on loads, and how busy they were. They were driving a new truck with a diesel, and I know they needed MC # because they were talking about heading right out of state to get a car.

Lord knows these guys weren't running legal, but they were sure taking loads from the guys who are. And they are making a killing while it lasts without paying for all the insurance.

Hope I didn't offend anyone, unless your running illegal or not taking the time to check out the laws.

3. dodgerep

dodgerep Well-Known Member

Media:
    My insurance runs 730 per month per truck to run 1 million liability, 100K Cargo and Physical damage. I have been fighting illegal hot shotters for years. They are no better to me than illegal aliens running our borders!

The rules to be legal are difficult to keep track of when they change every 2 weeks, and it can be frustrating, but if I can do it, so can they!

Companies like USHIP and Findahauler have no screening processes and they know they provide a breeding place for these illegal transporters to operate. Uship makes an average of 125,000 per day on commissions, but has no brokers license or authority to broker loads.

It really sucks, and while it hurts me, I was here when they got here and I will be here when they are gone

4. HeartlandDelivery

HeartlandDelivery Member

Yeah, but it makes it even more difficult for those of us just starting out to get a foothold with any customers when you are competing against someone with hardly any overhead.

In the long run, I know that providing the best service and all the legal authority will pay off.