Edge acting up

Discussion in 'Dodge 2nd Gen Cummins 5.9 (24v)' started by blazd88, Mar 4, 2008.

1. blazd88

blazd88 Active Member

Just finished installing my new Valair clutch, put everything back together(batteries and such) and My edge is acting funny. I have a stealth pump cover so the wire is tapped but it acts like one that isnt. Also my egts are way off. At idle im at like 600 where 350 is more the norm. Anyone ever had this prob. I know thermos are know for going bad but normally they jump around when they are bad and mine doesnt. Another thing is my fuel pressure at startup is way high(so it says) it stays at 32psi for a min then goes to the normal 14. Anyone?

2. Rob Knoell

Rob Knoell Well-Known Member

You said that you just finished installing your new clutch. You also said that you just put everything back together(batteries and such). Is it possible that you may have caused a malfunction while you had the batteries disconnected? Was your Edge acting funny before you did the clutch? If everything was okay and now it is not and the only thing you did different was the clutch then I would say that there must be something that either came apart while you were under the hood or maybe you have pinched something not knowingly.

LT.

3. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    First off, what model Edge box do you have? If you are having both problems with a comp or EZ box itself, and your analog guages, then that is obviously an electrical problem.

If you have the Juice module (I'm guessing you do), then I imagine it's still an electrical issue.

1. Did you accidentely cause a wire to arc in anyway that is connected to the Juice leads? Did you clean the connections really well on the cables before reinstallment?

4. 4054x4

4054x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Sounds like a random electrical problem; if you were running 600* egts at idle you would probably be able to hear the difference in the way your motor was running.

I would call Edge and ask them what to do :confused:

5. blazd88

blazd88 Active Member

Im guessing something arced. It acts like the pump wire isnt tapped(it still is I checked). Good power just not as much as before and hardly any smoke on level six. Thanx guys.

P.S. The clutch so far is BAD!!!! Love it so far. Grabs like crazy(chatters a bit now and again at first but what aftermarket this big doesnt).
    Thanks a million Valair!!