'00 Ford 7.3L exhaust

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 7.3' started by bigrig410, Oct 5, 2007.

1. bigrig410

bigrig410 New Member

I have a 2000 F350 supercab dually w. 7.3L Powerstroke diesel.
    I'm looking to put on a new exhaust and am wondering what's the best way to go for mileage, sound and horsepower.

2. RamJetGMC

RamJetGMC Active Member

ALL I CAN ADD TO THIS IS THAT I HAVE A BANKS AND I LIKE IT

sorry caps :rolleyes:

3. 1999GMC

1999GMC Well-Known Member

I have a buddy with a 2002 and one with 1996 powerstroke. Both changed the downpipe and then removed the cat, and muffler, and they both sound good.

4. Cracker7.3PS

Cracker7.3PS New Member

I have 2000 powerstroke and last June installed a Flow-Pro 4" from the turbo back, love that sound!! I sometimes ride with the passenger side windows down just to here it better! Turns heads at the corner gas station when I put her to the wood. Price was about $350 installed. Didn't notice any mileage gain (even w/o foot in it), but did notice a slight decrease in turbo lag time, spools up quicker.

5. tonkatoy01

tonkatoy01 Member

Media:
    i've got an 01' and i installed a 4" magnaflow exaust. me and a buddy put it on in a day under 2 hrs. i enjoy the sound of it, can definitly hear the turbo alot better. after i installed it i did feel a slight difference in take off. in the cooler weather its sounds bad a*#. it came with a 3.5" downpipe.

6. tonkatoy01

tonkatoy01 Member

Media:
    i've got an 01' and i installed a 4" magnaflow exaust. me and a buddy put it on in a day under 2 hrs. i enjoy the sound of it, can definitly hear the turbo alot better. after i installed it i did feel a slight difference in take off. in the cooler weather its sounds bad a*#. it came with a 3.5" downpipe.