Looking To Trade

Discussion in 'Hotshot Hauler' started by nainoapak01, Apr 28, 2008.

1. nainoapak01

nainoapak01 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I am looking for a 3 car wedge trailer, 50 ft 102 wide three axel. I would like to trade a 2007 hefty 40 ft 102 deck over flat bed goose neck 3 axel, tool box with ratchets and ramps. Any one intrested in a trade can contact me at nainoapak01@aol.com. The trailer is on the photo album section, and in perfect condition. Located in calif. Hank

2. TXSTEE

TXSTEE Member

3 Car Wedge

This might be off subject. Had to ask. Is hauling cars more profitable???

3. dodgerep

dodgerep Well-Known Member

Media:

hauling Cars is not more profitable, I guarantee it. Extra insurance on the trailer, extra maintenance cost, cars that pay .30-.40 cpm...??? suicide...

4. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

Media:
    right now with the economy the way it is so many people are having cars repo'ed the local car hauling seen is running 24 hours non stop.

5. dodgerep

Media:
    They are running non stop, because they have to. You can put 3-4 cars, depending on weight and length, that pay an average of .40 cpm. You have to have all the straps, Specialized carrier insurance for autos, loading and unloading time that you don't get paid for, and if you kept the truck loaded with max cargo and did no dead head or partial loads, you would still make crap for money. If you are not on a guaranteed program with a local auction house, then I would recommend McDonalds, you can make more money there. 8-10 car hualers is the only way to make any money.

6. nainoapak01

Media:
    forget the trade

I bought the wegde trailer, a Take 3 50ft 102 wide 3 axle. Got a great deal and did it.

Attached Files:

7. Full Pull

Full Pull Well-Known Member

Media:
    Sorry no trailer just a coment
    you would halfto haul a heck of a lot of cars @ .40cpm to make any money with fuel@4.50 a gallon.
    I usto pull trailers for fima and money was good but when you add it all up not so good.

8. nainoapak01

Media:
    car hauling

thanks for the thoughts, but the car hauling that we do is for alot more than .40 per mile, or I wouldn't be doing it!

9. dodgerep

Media:
    The average car on Central Dispatch goes for around .38 cpm for smaller cars, and .49 cpm for the larger suv/truck, and .90 cpm for exotics that require a closed specialized transport. even if you could put three ferraris on a take 3, 2.70 per mile (which you would never get, trust me) you still have alot of dead head, and wear and tear on a truck that never gets a break. I watched my best friend who was in the trucking industry for 18 years lose everything because he chose to haul cars in the small trucks.

10 car minimum is the only way to make money, and even then it is not great unless you are backed by an hourly rate for loading and unloading.

10. Mr. Big Ram

Mr. Big Ram Well-Known Member

Tim

.. 3 months and no posts, where you been?