E T C light and no fix!!!

Discussion in 'Dodge 3rd Gen Cummins 6.7 (24v)' started by gbuddenhagen, Aug 25, 2008.

1. gbuddenhagen

gbuddenhagen Well-Known Member

all right need some help!!! truck just went back to dealer friday last week(3 days ago) for the red lighting bolt light on the cluster....its the etc light, electronic throttle control, and when it comes on it runs rough then goes away, second time in four weeks. dodge replaced turbo boost pressure control module, and the light still comes on.....well they ran all the tests that dodge engineers told them to do and nothing. light comes and goes!!!! well the dealer told me today that the engineers dont have a fix for the problem and all i can do is drive it untill something else happens....no fix!!! so why should i have to make payments on something if they cant fix it!!!! does not seem right or fair....oh yeah the first visit was 2 months ago for the turbo replacement, need some advise and help guys!!!!

2. Bourdon1350

Bourdon1350 Well-Known Member

O!!! you have a 6.7! That makes sense now. I think its cliff time... Or go raise hell where you bought it! The sales guy would maybe get something done when your yelling at him.

3. gbuddenhagen

bought the truck out of town and the sales has nothing to do with the service dept. the dealer told me again today they still have no fix and come back in 2 weeks...so why do you miss your cummins??? and whats wrong with the d-max???

4. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

I'd say you need to find another dealer. Can't fix it doesn't sound right, more like an excuse.

5. LOUDandPROUD

LOUDandPROUD Well-Known Member

Maybe try a Cummins shop or at least calling them directly. They built it.

6. gbuddenhagen

cummins will tell you to take it to dodge....i have called around and tons of dealers are having the same problems with these trucks and no fixes!!!! i will give them a month or so then pursue the lemon law, and if thing go right bye bye dodge!!!

7. Bourdon1350

I had a 5.9!!! The 6.7's suck! The 6.7 isnt a cummins..its $h!t!

8. Bourdon1350

9. gbuddenhagen

well yeah sounds like you had some stupid things go wrong....not good....my 5.9 was good to about 75k then it started messing up.....i worked for 2 gm dealers in the service dept and saw very few d-maxs come in for problems. just the early models with injectors leaking down in into the engine filling the oil up with diesel....i think my new 6.7 is doing that now!!! and chryslers engineers still dont have a fix for my other problem that has been going on for 2 months. they have till end of week and i am filling the lemon law through the state of texas. its a new truck with 9k on it and just problem after problem and horrible fuel milage....but from what i have read and seen in person the 04 and up d-max are good trucks....

10. Bourdon1350

The only d-maxs i like are 06+ the lbz's and lmm's. The others were crap IMO. This is just one bad truck. every manu has em. I still like the d-max to. I think it is a superior engine. but not mine. ha!

11. gbuddenhagen

well mine is in the shop again...chrysler thinks they can fix it....i called cust care and raised hell with them and demanded a buy back or a new truck, they said we will fix it and said how your egineers allready told the dealer no fix!!! so they said they would contact the houston chrysler rep and owner of the dealership and for me to drop the truck off to the dealer so they can shoot from the hip again....spoke with the tech and he told me they are just going to start replacing parts until it gets too expensive then give in to my demand.....so tomorrow they start with new injectos(6) and then maybe new ecm, he said.....just one big mess!!!! truck just hit 10k miles today and tons of problems!!!

12. Bourdon1350

Man very bad times! Hope it all works out!

13. gbuddenhagen

dealer called today and said i idle the truck too much and thats why its messed up....i said no more then 5 mins at a time with my high idle feature just like the owners manual says it!!!! they had no respone but to say chrysler will come and inspect and they will contact me.....i said good the state of texas will contact you as well (in a very nice manor) spoke with the state today (austin, tx) attorney gen. office and he told me not worry cause chrysler has a major problem right now and just fill out the paper work and he would contact me....he also mentioned they might be a little difficult but when the state gets in touch they would probally settle out of court cause they are having tooooo many 6.7 cases pilling up!!!!

14. Bourdon1350

wow, i cant say im surprised.