Whats it worth????

Discussion in 'Dodge 3rd Gen Cummins 5.9 (24v)' started by in2gpn, Sep 3, 2008.

1. in2gpn

in2gpn Member

I am looking at a 2004 CTD 4x4 auto QC , SB , SLT, with approx 150K miles. Body is in MINT shape and everything looks and drives fine, other that the high miles.
    He is asking $12,000.

Whatcha guys think?

2. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

150K miles, two things come to mind. On a stock trans, probably won't be long before a trans rebuild. Your looking at round $2K minimum for a stock trans rebuild (turn key). Original injectors? $400 each, plus labor. Now you could buy the truck and have no problems for quiet a while. But if the truck has had any performance upgrades, probably sooner than later. I'm not against power upgrades, just realize things wear out faster. Its a luck of the draw on used trucks. I bought mine and expected to work on the trans shortly down the road. I added a VB/TC and made the trans last another year before it was rebuilt. Shop around, plenty of folks just want to get out of a trucks they really don't need. Just some info to make an informed decision. Good Luck!

3. in2gpn

in2gpn Member

Cool thanks, the truck is completly stock, Its a salesmans truck

4. jake

jake Well-Known Member

I'd be buying it. You might have to do some of the things that were mentioned, but for 12K you should be able to afford to do a little work to it.

5. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

Not trying to turn you away from it, just letting you know what you MIGHT be getting into. Good Luck, let us know if you buy it. :pimp:

6. in2gpn

in2gpn Member

Well yes I bought it, 3 days after transfering it into my name and cutting off the stock exhaust the tranny decided to stick in 2nd gear and thats all. I called the seller ( Buddys Boss ) and told him the problem, he said no problem and he would pay for a new rebuild and the tow to my favorite shop.. So all in all I paid $12K US and got a brand new tranny outa the deal aswell.

7. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

I'd say you made out alright on the deal. Congrats! waytogo