rv transport?

Discussion in 'Hotshot Hauler' started by hottbodyz, Dec 23, 2007.

1. haulin-rv

haulin-rv Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh Jet dedicated. If I'm right enjoy your time with the safety directorrotfl, he's a pain in the but and causes many to leave!! So anyway why the big secret on the company anyway??

2. Mr. Big Ram

Mr. Big Ram Well-Known Member

Quit $21/ hr to haul RV's?? :doah: Hope that works for ya. So, who are you pulling for, inquiring minds want to know.:stir: 548, check out this site also www.hotshothauling.com Nothing but hotshotters and the like there

3. Stroker548

Stroker548 Member

Thanks guys. The company is Jet. It was a 3 day class, but kept me fairly interested since this is all new to me. The safety guy seems like he could be a real pain, if you screw up enough. They are really strict on all your paperwork being right, and making sure you are legal. I guess thats good but theres alot to it! Gonna make a short run on thursday, then come back and grab one to go the distance. Still waiting on my passport so ill have to stay out of Canada until it gets here.

4. Reefnman

Reefnman New Member

Of the big Companies out there you went the right way...Jet is a good company and they pay well...not a lot of back hauls but you can pick up in Twin Falls Idaho and sometimes get backhauls off of Quality's lots. I pull a lot of Jaycos and the company I drive for will use Jet drivers out in Ca. if all our drivers are out and there's a hot load. It's fun going on to Quality's lot in Perris Ca. and picking up a trailer when they have 25 drivers sitting there waiting on a load...kinda feel for them. The safety nazi at Jet is who everyone complains about...I had a pal leave our co. and go to Jet and he quit in 2 mos. and came back just becuase he couldn't handle the guy but I'd just learn what you can from the guy and picture your boot in his ass the other times. Anyways...good luck and be safe...me...I'm off to Florida.

5. haulin-rv

So who do you haul for??

6. Mr. Big Ram

Stroker 548!!

8 months now, hows it going? :popcorn:

7. haulin-rv

Well with production in the crapper at Jayco, I bet he's sitting home like me. Or he quit long ago.

8. Mr. Big Ram

Not running at all, are you haulin?

9. haulin-rv

Not really. Maybe one a week. I did 3 for Classic in Sept, 2 to Oklahoma City and 1 to Iowa and its not looking like another before months end. I usually run 7-8000 paid miles and I have done just under 2300 in Sept. July and August were just as bad.

10. Mr. Big Ram

I've hung it up for the most part, have a few regulars that are calling me to do short car hauls on the side. Went and took on a full time gig with the county here... regular pay, 3 day weekend every other, benefits, just have to get used to being cooped up in a shop for 9 hours at a time now!!:eek: Know anyone looking for a 40' gooseneck trailer?

11. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

Already quit my factory job that was paying me 21.00 bucks an hour to try and make this work! Wish me luck and I ll c ya on the open road!!! HA HAwaytogo

Wish I could find a $21/hr job. My $.02 you screwed the pooch when you quit that job.

12. sshewins

sshewins Well-Known Member

Hows this one. I quit a $31.00/hr job that worked 8 months a yr (road construction) and went to $22.00/hr year round (hauling gas/fuel). Of all the times NOT to jump ship, I pick the time when gas costs so much, I can barely afford it myself :doah:.