19.5 rims/tires

Discussion in 'Tires | Wheels' started by FireCat, Dec 6, 2008.

1. FireCat

FireCat Active Member

Thinking of switching over to a 19.5 rim/tire set up on my truck. Does anyone make a off-road type tread for these size rims?? Do i need to run a wheel spacer on my back (dually truck) ? Do ya run one alum and one steel rim on the back or both alum??? and are there any clearence problems i.e fender wells/ rubbing?? and most important ...will the chicks dig it?:D

2. RodZZilla

RodZZilla Well-Known Member

If you drink enough, you will forget it is Iowa
    Of course they will:pimp:

I have seen some fairly aggressive tread patterns. It has been a while since I looked, I can't rember which brand. Most of the ones I have seen have run w/o a spacer. The steel inner is probably more of a cost issue. I would say if you can afford to, run all aluminum to ease rotation

3. FireCat

FireCat Active Member

Thanx for the advice, i will keep looking into it some more. I may just stay with the stock rims and just go with a little bigger tire witha more aggresive tread pattern.

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    steel is run on the inside mostly due to the lugs not being long enough.

you can get a VERY agressive tread for any kind of terain. i would advise a spacer for 265's but i wouldnt say you NEED it. if you run 245's you will have a MUCH easier time finding tires and cost will be much nicer. i wish i had gone to 19.5's right when i bought my truck... they were very nice.

5. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    Alot of this will depend on the 19.5 you run. I had a set of 10 lug 19.5's on my 03 with 265's. LOVED THEM!!!!! Looked so efin good. Rode a bit harsh, but man what a combo. I had a 2" lift front and rear and modified the stock hubcaps to fit the new wheels. Everyone kept asking me what package I ordered to get those "factory" wheels!:pimp:

As for treads, I had a set of Yokohams, and they we decent. If you are looking for a true MT style, it is hard, as 19.5's are generally reserved for trucks that don't need that style of tire. They are available, but the real aggressive treads aren't in 19.5

6. FireCat

FireCat Active Member

I was looking for a tire tread that would be similiar to something like a BF Goodridge All terrain to a mudd terrain ...if that makes any sense. Something in that range would be great, as of right now i got the stock tires that came with the truck and they are crap when i get into a little mud, might as well be running a pair of slicks on it. ( not to mention there due for replacement )

7. Rob Knoell

Rob Knoell Well-Known Member

The most aggressive tire that I am aware of in a 19.5" range is the goodyear G-124's.

LT.

8. prairie

prairie New Member

I run a set of 4 Goodyear G-124's on my F550 4x4. They are nothing but glorified A/T's, but the best available in 19.5". Run them singled out in the winter and get around really well in snow and mud offroad conditions.
    Mine are the 225/70R19.5 G size which appear to no longer be available, only the 265/70R19.5 G is listed. They used to be also available as 225 and 245.

Another tire that I may look at when i need a new set for winter use is the Goodyear G-171 8R19.5F which is listed for mining, logging, railyard use.

Tried to post links, but I don't have my 15 required posts on towrig yet.