like the way you think here

Discussion in 'Introductions & Greetings' started by socalbuilder, Jan 26, 2009.

1. socalbuilder

socalbuilder Member

I'm a NFG from so. cal., but have been a dodge guy since 1966. Dodge 1/2 T to start, in 66, then a gen 1 Dodge in '88 (wish I kept that now!). Currently still have my '95 3500 dually, with a 30" stretched frame and cab (an old school Mega Cab !), done in Clayborne, Texas, that has a 12v, #4 plate, 4" sraight thru exhaust, original turbo,gated up to 35 lbs, and a beefed Jasper trans, (3rd and last trans, finally, I hope !), due to the 328,550 current miles on it. Still runs strong in my construction buisness, and hauls my 16,500 lb trailer and backhoe rig around Cal.
    My latest Dodge IS a Mega Cab 3500 SWD that is still factory stock, and closing down on the warranty soon ! Want to kick this one up a notch or two, and will be looking for programmer recommendations, and other add on goodies from your collective experience. Also have a '95 International Dump truck with a Navistar 477, WHAT A DOG IT IS !!!, and no easy way to juice it, SO!! Hi there !!!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  2. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

Hello there. I personally like edge products and even tried the smarty before. I like when towing, being able to have control over the power with more than my foot. I pasted in two links you can look over. How about some pics of that old truck stretched?

http://www.edgeproducts.com/

http://www.madselectronics.com/

WOODS

3. socalbuilder

socalbuilder Member

thanks,,,,

Thanks for the info and the links. As you know there are a thousand programmers out there, it seems. You guys have more experience with that, so I need to ask. I'm pretty up on the old dodge engine, and a lot of the tricks for it, from a guy named Jim Leonard, who was a Cummins teck guy for almost 30 years. I will try and figure out how to post some pictures of the '95 stretch, who my friends all call " the space shuttle" It's still fun, but these electonic CTD's really fasinate me, with plug in power and all that ! Just putting gauges on the new ones is a breeze compared to gauging out the old P pumper! Thanks again, Gail Parrish, (spelled different from Gale Banks, but still a guy ! ha ha )

4. Nitelord

Nitelord Well-Known Member

Media:
    Welcome to Towrig. Enjoy the site.. waytogo