Turbos toast!!! Hybrid?

Discussion in 'Dodge 2nd Gen Cummins 5.9 (24v)' started by blazd88, Jun 16, 2009.

1. blazd88

blazd88 Active Member

A few weeks ago my turbo started squeeling a bit and seemed to have lost all shaft play, it is now bad enough I have stopped driving it. It gets very hot and creates less than average amounts of boost.

I have been looking into hybrids and was wondering what and who everyone was having success with. I would like to keep this as cheap but effecient for continuing to make power down the road. I have loooked into a complete turbo but Im in the middle of buying a new home so money is a large factor.

Truck is a 98.5, 5spd w/ 13in flywheel and 650hp Valair clutch, w/ edge juice att w/ stg 6, stg 2 AFE, 4" into 6" MBRB stacks, running 2 lift pumps one in tank and one on the frame with half inch fuel line and ats relay kit to both.

I would eventually like to be well over 500 hp if not way more but oney allows. I would like a turbo to get me as far along as possible as well as throwing some sticks at it as well in the near future(after new turbo and house lol).

Whatcha think???

2. Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf Well-Known Member

Media:
    I would give the folks at HTT a call and tell them what your current and future plans for the truck are...

http://www.htturbo.com/

3. blazd88

blazd88 Active Member

Ya I stare at their website quite a bit lol.

Thanks

4. 4054x4

4054x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I have an edge comp and 75hp injectors and was pretty happy with the BD Super B turbo.

5. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    We need to talk!waytogo