another 6.5 question

Discussion in 'GM Diesel 6.5' started by 99ncxj, Oct 15, 2009.

1. 99ncxj

99ncxj Member

Truck in question is a 1996 K3500, 6.5L, auto, 4x4. Its got marine injectors and right at 2000rpm its got a strange jerk going on when cruising. Feels like its running out of fuel but if you go just above or below 2000 rpm it goes away and runs fine. The seller says its because of the injectors and not having a flash (or something) done to work with them. He said if you did the flash then the fuel milage would drop. What can you guys tell me (a diesel newbie) about this?

2. 99ncxj

99ncxj Member

well, there hasn't been any responses yet about this question but i thought i'd inform anyone who was currious about it. Turns out the oil pressure sender was acting up and cutting out the fuel pump at that rpm. he replaced the oil sender and it fixed the problem. I'm picking up the truck tomorow.

3. 99ncxj

99ncxj Member

well turns out that didn't fix the problem. It still has a slight studder when cruising at around 2000 rpm. I'm thinking its got more to do with the throttle position than the rpm's. If anyone knows anything about this i'd apreciate some kind of response so i know where to start looking.

4. ColoradoCowboy

ColoradoCowboy Member

If you still need help:

I would look at the PMD. Check out my response to your other posts under 6.5 opinions.

5. idontcare909

idontcare909 Active Member

Media:
    Like Colorado cowboy said go to ssdiesel supply. if their FAQ doesnt answer it, call him, he knows all about those motors and what they do. i had 94 2500 with the 6.5l and i didnt sell it to my brother because he sold it. it was a very strong running truck, i would drive it from Pa to Ms 18 hrs stright w/o a single problem, she purred even doing 80MPH with 4.11 Gears. Again SSdieselsupply is the place to go for parts or questions!