Here it is-custom built air ride hitch

Discussion in 'General Tow Rig Discussion' started by 2007CUMMINZ, Oct 30, 2009.

1. 2007CUMMINZ

2007CUMMINZ Well-Known Member

We finally got the hitch back from the painter and got it installed. When I got it home I installed the shocks. (The shocks were my idea). The large base plate was supplied by me to be able to use my existing Reese under bed rails. I also added 2 - 2" x 3" tubing which is connected to truck frame to give additional load support. This hitch is rated at 8,000 pound pin weight and towing capacity of 32,000 pounds. The Demco hitch I added to the RV has removed all the bucking of the RV and this air ride hitch will ease the strain of the rough road. Links to both manufactures can be found at my website in the signature. If you want to see photos at higher resolution please visit my website[/url].
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This photo shows air bags down when load is dropped on hitch with RV jacks. After 25 second delay the air compressor comes on and re-levels the hitch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. strictlyv8

strictlyv8 Well-Known Member

That looks like a great idea. Keep us posted on how it performs over the long huals.

3. Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger Member

Airbag hitches are the best for towing anything, especially livestock.

4. HotShotHaul

HotShotHaul Member

Thats awesome! You made that? Very well designed.