in need of some advice

Discussion in 'Dodge 3rd Gen Cummins 5.9 (24v)' started by 05cumminsdrw, Oct 7, 2009.

1. 05cumminsdrw

05cumminsdrw New Member

i have an 05 ram cummins with ppe hot tune a boost fuller 5" tbe and an afe stage 2 intake. im a little worryed just did the boost fuller and when towin the other night i had a boost spike of 42psi with stock auto trans stock turbo and no head studs im thinking this isnt to safe am i right and what parts do i need to worry about what should my next upgrades be?

2. AZcowboy2006

AZcowboy2006 Well-Known Member

I've heard that the stock head bolts will hold to 45psi, its the stock turbo and trans that are not going to like that all the time. That PPE hot tune is pretty hard on stock parts. I would recommend you do head studs a turbo and at least a torque converter,flex plate, valve body and billet input shaft. Your playing with a ticking time bomb with your stock parts. Just my 2 cent.

Bob.

3. 05cumminsdrw

05cumminsdrw New Member

thanks for the info

4. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    You also want to watch out on timing. Normally, the hotter tunes use a lot of timing. Good for cruising for the best mileage, but bad for the motor when you are towing and running down with the engine at a higher load continuously.

What are your EGT's?

5. 05cumminsdrw

05cumminsdrw New Member

i dont see much over 1300 unless im beating on it