Dodge vs Ford

Discussion in 'Brand Wars' started by Shifty, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

It took me over a year to find a truck that was in good shape that could be driven for while before repairs were needed. Used, buy it and be prepared to make repairs. Your near Joplin, Might look at some trucks down in texas, out of the rust belt.

2. Shifty

Shifty Active Member

3. tosch88

tosch88 Active Member

If that don't work out let me know. I have a 2000 F-250 ext. 4x4 auto PSD that I will be selling in a couple of weeks. I also know where there is another 99 F-250 ext PSD 6 speed that is a little rough but low mileage with alot of new parts. Both are priced between 10 and 12k. I don't lie about my vehicles to sell them and maintain them very well.

4. Shifty

Shifty Active Member

If this doesnt work out i'll be letting you know

5. 96psdiesel

96psdiesel Member

Too bad dodge uses pop can metal in their trucks, the 5.9 cummins is bullet proof. Rust bucket with a great motor.

6. Shifty

Shifty Active Member

WEll i got the truck and i think i'm gonna be happy with it. got a few things i need to tinker with tho, like the programmer and figure out why the trans temp gauge isnt working(pretty sure its just not hooked up). other then that it seems fine.

Only problem is when i swap to the rear tank it doesnt read right and when i swap back to the front tank it runs kinda crappy like its bogging down(sounds like a exhaust brake) when i'm cruising along with steady throttle. goes away when you get in the skinny pedal and the boost picks up, soon as the boost drops off it starts bogging down again

7. haulin-rv

haulin-rv Well-Known Member

Hmm..I live in the land of salt in the midwest and I guess since I wash my truck once in a while thats why I have never had an issue. But I guess I would rather do a little rust repair or touch up than put in a new enginerotfl, or better yet spend all those days on the side of the road with a ":doah:fix or repair daily:doah:".

8. beretzs

beretzs Active Member

If you are going used with higher miles, I would feel alot better with the Cummins. Pretty solid engine until about 300K and then some. Plus, the older trucks can be had for a song nowadays. Scotty

9. abnsigo

abnsigo New Member

I don't really have a preference as I've had dodge, chevy, and ford vehicles and never had problems with any of them. I just picked up a 2000 F250 4x4 crew cab with the psd and I'm pretty happy with it. Beats the heck out of my '95 F250 gasser! I'm pretty up tight about rattles and I've gotta say with 168k on the clock the ford doesn't have a SINGLE rattle! I'm pretty impressed so far and it pulls like a dream.

Good luck with your new (to you) truck.

Oh, I paid 12k for mine. Just have to keep lookin'.

10. FireCat

FireCat Active Member

Go with the dodge....!!!! They seem like they hold up better when it gets to stacking on the miles...my old power stroke turned into the power smoke after about 200,000 miles... then at about 250,000 it turned into the power joke... also the cummins seem to get a little better mileage....just my 2 cents:cool: