For all of the 6.7 Owner

Discussion in 'Dodge 3rd Gen Cummins 6.7 (24v)' started by idontcare909, Dec 7, 2010.

1. idontcare909

idontcare909 Active Member

Media:
    I have a 2000 cummins and now a newer 2008 6.7. There is alot of info on here reguarding these motors and tricks and whatnot, but it would be a good idea for some of you to go and read else where (www.6.7cummins.com) There is alot of people on TowRig saying, Leave all the EGR stuff... I say to hell with that... My 08 is a 2500 short bed quad cab and a 6 speed Manual, best fuel economy i have gotten was about 16. talk to some Diesel shops and did some reading, people are taking off and changing their 6.7's to get almost 10 more MPG like it should be. everyone who takes the EGR off and looks into the intake elbow see all the black sooot that is being reburned. just doesnt seem worth it to me. now if the truck got 22 MPG it might sit well with me. There are a ton of ways to delete and get around all the EGR and DFP parts. From tuners to installing resistors. of course you do all this at your own risk, but look around at what people are doing and how they have done it. it wouldnt be the U.S. if we didnt make the detuned motors better! Also looking throught some youtube videos you can get an idea of what other people have done and how they did it. with and with out programmers. just my .02 on these motors.

it just kill me that my 2000 4x4 auto can get better milage than a 2008 2wd manual truck, doesnt make much sence huh?

2. FireCat

FireCat Active Member

6.7 owner

I have a 2007.5 3500 4x4 crew cab dually with a stick 6.7 with 148,000 miles on it and knock on wood havent had a single probalem. It is all stock exept for a dual steering stabalizer set-up i put on { stock one took a hit from a big rock} but other than that motor, tranny are bone stock.....change oil and fiters regulary .....treated me good so far. I have no plans on messing with it. It pulls great and has been dependable, dont want to mess that up. I find that the more ya change stuff the bigger the headaches and repair bills get...