what do you guys think of this suspension setup?

Discussion in 'Dodge 2nd Gen Cummins 5.9 (12v)' started by Beater_K20, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Beater_K20

Beater_K20 Member

i've got to replace the front control arms on my 96, so i figured i might as well put a little lift to it while i'm at it...

i looked at the possibility of a lift kit, and found i could put together a 3" kit better for a little more money by piecing it together.... here's what i've come up with...
    front lift:

upper arms
    Tuff Country D3I-002 - Tuff Country EZ-Ride Control Arms - Overview - SummitRacing.com
    lower arms
    Tuff Country D3I-003 - Tuff Country EZ-Ride Control Arms - Overview - SummitRacing.com
    Thuren adjustable track bar
    Thuren Fabrication - 0-3" lift track bar
    and i'm undecided between a 3" coil spacer, a set of 3rd gen front springs with a 1" spacer (from what i'm reading i'll end up with 2" of lift from them), or a straight up 2nd gen 3" lift spring
    rear lift:
    ditching the 4" rear block
    DIY4X shackle flip
    94-01 Dodge shackle flip
    DIY4X EZ Inch (to correct the wheelbase issue from the shackle flip)
    EZ Inch
    2" AAL
    Tuff Country 83250 - Tuff Country Add-A-Leafs - Overview - SummitRacing.com
    i'll probably end up ditching the factory overloads too, since they won't be anywhere close to contacting the brackets...
    what do you guys think of this setup? and any advice on the front spring situation would be greatly appreciated.

2. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    On the front springs just get a set of springs from Carli. You will be so much happier with how they ride. I have a set sitting here waiting for the rest of my suspension parts to show up. I have Lorenz/Kore springs in there now. Can't wait to swap em out.

On the arms not a bad way to go but if they are over 1/2" longer than stock you may have issues with the diff hitting the track bar at full compression

Thurens got a good track bar, so does Carli or BD or alot of other guys. Really boils down to price or convenience.

On the rear I don't know. Never done that particular kit, I have Carli leaf packs coming so I never considered doing it that way.

Better get some good shocks. Shocks make all the difference in how she rides. Mine rides great with the Bilstien 5100's, I can only image what it will be like with 7100's!