"new" guy here...

Discussion in 'Dodge 2nd Gen Cummins 5.9 (12v)' started by Beater_K20, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Beater_K20

Beater_K20 Member

just bought my first diesel about a month ago...

96 Ram 3500
    auto, 4.10s 4wd, was DRW (rear fenders, front spacers removed)
    only thing done to it was the star wheel turned all the way up.
    190K on the clock, and rust-wise, this thing is CLEAN. needs something done with the bedsides (DRW fenders or patch panels and a SRW axle) and a pair of front fenders.

planning on fixing the KDP, front suspension and steering, bending the bumper back out and installing a headlight/marker and rolling it for a while.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i also plan on installing some gauges, and beefing up the trans before i start tinkering with the engine too much.

i don't think i did too bad at all for $2200, i'll never find another one this solid and well running for what i'll have in it when its all said and done.

what trans mods should i look into? i plan on it being a driver, and obviously a tow pig. any info/advice is greatly appreciated.

2. Avery4jc

Avery4jc Well-Known Member

These forums sure are slow.... good to see you still kickin' around man!

I'm not much help on tranny mods but congrats on your first diesel. Hopefully I'll be right behind ya'.

3. Beater_K20

Beater_K20 Member

yeah, nothing like i'm used to with CK5 or FSC speed... www.cumminsforum.com has been a great help too...

what are you looking at getting? Dirtymax? Cummins? or just anything that doesn't require changing spark plugs?

4. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    Trans mods is a tough question for most to answer. Usually you'll get the shopping list off Suncoast's website but most of the time it really boils down to how you plan to use the truck and how much power. Trans mods can go from a converter to a full billet build. Just depends......