89 dually CC known as Mutt......

Discussion in 'GM Gas Engine Rigs' started by Ryoken, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Ryoken

Ryoken Member

for the non CK5, normal crowd over here......

doesn't tow yet, but set up with a gooseneck plate bolted to the frame... need to build a receiver hitch for boat towing and get a gooseneck trailer for my wheeler..

454, 465 for now.. eventually it'll go 6BT/NV4500..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CK5 likes this.
  2. campfire

campfire Well-Known Member

Still looks amazing, even outside CK5. :waytogo:

3. Ryoken

Ryoken Member

:) thanks....

I was mistakenly thinking there where non-CK5er's here.... ;)

4. bent72

bent72 Well-Known Member

Looks CK5ish to me, I Like it.

5. max 02

max 02 Member

And I assume you won GMOTM!?

But you are getting screwed out of a few days of glory!

6. Ryoken

Ryoken Member

hehe, forgot about that... no clue, guessing so.... maybe I'll at least have the honor of first rig on the new site I suppose...

max 02 likes this.
  7. Ryoken

Ryoken Member

oh, and on a Mutt build note....

my extinguishers should be here Monday.. so next weekend or during the week, I'm gonna hang those... might see about working on that expanded steel step on the front corner too.... I'd like to get the tube/steel work done for that next weekend.. the week after is the car show, but I doubt I can get the front corner done, done, with the alum panel in before than...... but at least it'll kinda show what's planned...

in the meantime, I've been working on the bumper... SLOW going.. still trying to shape down the 3/8 plate upright pieces.. still working on the first 2, with 2 more to go... my plasma gets thru it, but grinding down to size takes FOREVER, and eats up grinding consumables.... realistically, I'm looking at December by the time the bumper will be done... it's probably gonna be at least a 100 hr project...

8. max 02

max 02 Member

Are you just going to run it with no front bumper till it`s done?

9. Ryoken

Ryoken Member

nah, I'll get pulled over in a heartbeat around here for that... no back, your fine in Naziville... but you need a front, and a plate... I'm just bolting the old one on with 4 bolts to the horns, no side brackets.. takes 5 minutes to take off or put on... but I left it off all week as I've been driving the black 2wd all week to get it ready for inspection in a couple weeks...

I had to resort to just using the 4 1/2" with a 6" Pearl thincut wheel on the 3/8" stuff.. it just ends up being faster than plasma and grind till the nuns burst into flames...

just bolted the bender back down and got all the material ready to start working on the steps this weekend... gonna see if I can get that done, alum included before the car show.. the bumper will be somewhat backburnered till the show is over... unless I have nothing else to do...

10. Ryoken

Ryoken Member

oh, and on the car show.... finally looked up there stuff.. it's run by the town first aid squad..

but I noticed on the flyer thingy, the cops give an award to their fave 4 x 4.... funny thing is, the one cop in town George, is nuts over the rig and waves to me every time he see's me... if he sees me outside working on it, he stops to bs... he's got an older dodge 2wd that I've offered to buy the Cummins out of, lol...

me thinks I have a good shot of winning that award, lol!

here's their flyer... http://www.oceangateems.org/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/ogcarshow2015_flyer_rev1.pdf

11. max 02

max 02 Member

I thought you might get in shit for no front bumper ... here I don't think would be a big deal, we don't even run front plates!
    Congrats on GMOTM! And good luck at the show!